Crystal a lot of money for nothing

Just some food for thought and perhaps some information respectfully submitted that might be worthy of consideration.

The aio is used for the eye tracking, headset position adjustments, audio eq, self diagnostics, firmware update management, motor control for the et, the faceplate system, lens management system, usb data integration, wireless data integration system and a myriad of other things as well.

The Crystal can be fully tested with all features without any pc at all largely eliminating or confirming it as the cause of any reported issue. Quite often on other headsets you have to really dig deep to determine what might be wrong.

It has considerable advantages over relying on window driver installs as it’s much more predictable. All headsets have some degree of onboard processing, it’s just the Crystal has enough to perform some tasks that more typically run on the pc.

Further this capability enables the Crystal to operate wirelessly at full resolution which as far as I know no other headset has this capability.

So I would respectfully point out that assertions that this capability is for “nothing” is something that I would think is overstated as that capability is used for the majority of the features of the headset and does have numerous tangible benefits.

3 Likes

The stand-alone mode never had a chance. Did anyone really believe it even for a moment?

1 Like

I certainly wasn‘t interested in that capability, but that‘s not the point - he paid for it, it was a substantial cost driver, and now it‘s looking like it‘s already dying in its infancy. So unless he wants to go wireless, it seems that this part of his investment is rendered useless and to add insult to injury, adds extra weight and power demand in practice (it might also be helpful for easier identification of errors, but that is not exactly an argument for a consumer to pay some 800$ more, is it… :laughing:)

3 Likes

Look on the bright side at least he didn’t buy a Portal.

1 Like

Ouch! They actually pitched it by email today - need to clear their shelves I guess.

2 Likes

This whole part… well I can tell you that the end user has problems anyway! Not on other viewers! Everything you’ve written up to here is theoretical! Some things are missing, some things malfunction!

What about the parts that Crystal makes that actually help the PC? By how much? It doesn’t seem like a game runs better for any particular reason, for example, than other headsets. No reviewer or user ever noticed this.

Maybe the potential is there! But how long have you been selling it and when do you GIVE THE FUNCTIONS to whoever paid you? When is it OLD and DATED now?

And above all, many have bought it for the visual quality, also paying more for a series of functions that are of no interest! (See the standalone!) … but not knowing that you then had to make only PCVR! at MUCH LESS price.

Can you tell me about WIFI? And where is he? After a couple of months you might want to release a module! Not AFTER you release other VISOR models! We will get WIFI working on an OLD model.

And the lenses? And who cares anymore! You make new VISORS anyway!
Interchangeable lenses with WHAT? What others? Where are these products?
But carry on with other projects and whoever paid you is there waiting.
Meanwhile, Crystal is getting old.

But does it seem correct to you? If you are in the USA, your laws are similar to those in Europe! This is not done towards the end user.

Believe it or not! It doesn’t matter legally, Legally it matters that PIMAX is not doing anything and is not taking its responsibilities.

If you ADVERTISE you are responsible.

I’m sorry how a person like you, doesn’t defend the buyer’s rights.

The 350 km/h car… you buy it, you take it to the track and it doesn’t do 350 km/h… AHH WELL I DIDN’T BELIEVE IT SO MUCH, the manufacturer FOOLED me and that’s fine anyway! Or you go to the dealer and say “Geez, what did he sell me?” And maybe you also turn to a lawyer?

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra … @mmorselli is a person who does not agree with me.

But look at what he said here! He says “The stand-alone mode never had a chance. Did anyone really believe it even for a moment?”

DOESN’T BELIEVE IN PIMAX STANDALONE! He spent the money (or did you give him the viewer for free?) And he still DOESN’T BELIEVE YOU. YOU HAVE FAILED.

Aren’t you contradicting yourself a bit?

I understand your frustration but WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

You have been a Pimax customer for a while (that’s what I gather from your 5K+ username) so you know what they are like when it comes to actually delivering on what they announce.

What do you hope to achieve with this thread? A refund?

What channel did you buy the Crystal from? Amazon? In that case, contact amazon and show that the product doesn’t deliver what was advertised when you purchased, they will most likely refund or at least give a partial rebate.

If you bought from Pimax directly, well, then you now learned the same lessons many of us have learned in the last couple of years: it’s a Chinese company with no understanding (nor the legal requirement to conform to them) of customer rights and you are screaming from a European perspective at a company that doesn’t follow European laws and regulations.

“Do not buy from Pimax directly” is basically the first rule when considering a Pimax product.

7 Likes

I never believed that Pimax could create a stand-alone gaming ecosystem due to too few headsets sold to attract developers, but I’m aware that Crystal’s Snapdragon chipset has many other functions.

Developers received the SDK and someone ported their game to this platform, but probably just to receive a free Crystal. Writing games is not Pimax’s job, it doesn’t have the Meta resources. Pimax can be blamed for all sorts of things, but not for this

I’m sure that many people will still prefer Crystal to Crystal Light, although I’m expecting some price adjustments.

This reminds me of a small company called Tesla, which promised fully autonomous driving… one day, as an OTA update, for all customers

1 Like

but tesla didn’t fail its customers and then suddenly downgrade a product like Pimax did!

It’s not quite the same, is it?

The TESLA car works properly as soon as you buy it! Then if they give you something more afterwards, welcome. AND NO NEW CAR IS COMING OUT AT LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE, taking something away.

Furthermore, as a car manufacturer it has many more legal obligations towards the buyer.

You’re speaking ignorantly and with examples, compared to my inappropriateness.

Tesla also revalues my CAR… will it give me money back for my used car?

Pimax having bought the Crystal in February 2024, would you like to take your Crystal back for an exchange with the Crystal SUPER? (Given that among other things you also feel cheated by Pimax!?)

I never believed that Pimax could create a stand-alone gaming ecosystem due to too few headsets sold to attract developers, but I’m aware that Crystal’s Snapdragon chipset has many other functions.

Developers received the SDK and someone ported their game to this platform, but probably just to receive a free Crystal. Writing games is not Pimax’s job, it doesn’t have the Meta resources. Pimax can be blamed for all sorts of things, but not for this

→ These are not end user problems, but SELLERS PROBLEMS. If you promise and don’t do it! It’s a scam… Simple, it doesn’t matter if you are small or big!

I’m sure that many people will still prefer Crystal to Crystal Light, although I’m expecting some price adjustment

→ there are rumors of $399 off super for those who have the Crystal. I’m asking them to DO MORE, especially those who bought CRYSTAL RECENTLY! And therefore to cater to ALL THOSE WHO HAVE RECENTLY purchased CRYSTAL.
GIVEN THEIR COMMERCIAL TARGETS CHANGE that they have made and are ADVERTISING.

Give a real good discount on a SUPER, if they also want to collect a CRYSTAL. This is also because their commercial tactic causes “THOSE FEW VIEWERS” sold to be devalued too much.
And if THEY HAVE SOLD A FEW OF THEM, it wouldn’t even be a big effort for them, right?

That seems REASONABLE to me, right?

Pimax is not obligated to do “NOTHING”.
Let’s be clear.

But, I repeat, if you buy an AUDI A5 car two months before a restyling of the same and the dealer withholds the information. Everyone would be quite angry, right? All users who have bought an AUDI A5 that quickly becomes old. For this reason AUDI and the dealers give THE LAST CARS ON SALE before the RESTYLING at an affordable price.

Among other things, even companies such as XIAOMI, HONOR etc. they do it! For example, I took an HONOR FOLD, knowing that after 6 months HONOR FOLD 2 was released… HONOR (Which is always CHINESE) logically GRANTED AN EXCELLENT DISCOUNT.

I repeat again and again, PIMAX is not OBLIGED TO DO ANYTHING.
But they definitely MUST treat their customers better.

1 Like

ahh sorry “SHOUTING” … Also because they write to me that a manager will contact me (By April!) and instead they don’t get in touch.

Whom? From our suppor team?

yes :slight_smile:

support

11 days ago…

Hi XXXXXX,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions.
Your letter has been forwarded to the company’s senior management, and we expect to give you a more comprehensive reply not later than the end of Apr…
Thank you for your understanding and waiting.

Best Regards
XXXXXXX

Im waiting :slight_smile:

However, my question is understood here in the forum, many users have put a heart or commented in my favor. I apologize for my hysteria to both Pimax and users. However, I remain convinced that I am a user not treated well by Pimax.

1 Like

Could you please share the ticket number with me? I’d like to take a look at it.

1 Like

I think it is the wrong way to go now where Pimax gives a discount if you buy X if you own Y, at least a bigger discount.

If ever 12k comes I be happy to remove what I paid for my 8k-x but it is the wrong way to go in my opinion. Let the new product stand on its own legs.

1 Like