CES 2023 (Jan 5-8)

It was on their kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/346206518/yaw2-motion-simulator-and-smart-chair/posts/3685288

1 Like

looks like a nicely engineered device, with all those customizations options. However at 110 Fov and 2k*2k (which already feels outdated) I’ll pass.

1 Like

Not a single photo of Pimax stuff? Where they are? Nevada? The moon? Outer space? Pimax, comon please post something

2 Likes

today i pre-ordered a psvr2 and bought gt7 whilst on offer, purely on the strength of gt7 being on the ps5 in vr. just need to buy a ps5 now. £1000 for 1 game :sweat_smile: hoping i like some other games too!

3 Likes

Ok, it’s about YawVR, not Pimax, puh! (Thought you were answering to another posting of Atmos)

Tried it too but the USA site doesn’t accept American Express. Guess I need to wait till it appears on amazon.

1 Like

the UK site wouldn’t accept my paypal, had to enter my visa card details. just bought a ps5 from amazon uk, went for the physical disc edition as the digital edition has sold out (they were in stock earlier today grrr). gonna be a little strange having games on disc again!

1 Like

Stalled maybe. But the numbers remain the same.

Haven’t read funding issues. But supply chain is understandable as Etee has also stated supply & manufacturing issues due to Covid outbreak in China.

Just read your last comment so not pimax but yaw.

Portal peaked at 617 and now dropped to 601.

1 Like

so minimal drop from where it was. If they demo what was not demoed yet we are apt to see it increase again.

First report from the Pimax booth.

4 Likes

Uhh… well. for me it’s not a deal-breaker. At least personally, I’m not really a fan of his format all that much.

I might bite for the whole ecosystem if they get Beat Sabre and as well get Hogwart’s Legacy into VR.

Cool, where ever this ‘report’ came from.

But they DO know that (unless PIMAX took my suggestion) that there is NO upgrade (trade-up) from the Crystal to the 12K, right?

Sounds hopeful. Awesome that they finally got lighthouse tracking going. Looking forward to more reports

1 Like
1 Like

Woah only 599 units sold with only 8 days to go. They’re doing even way worse than I already expected.

Pimax should just drop the ball, forget about the Portal. Was a bad decision in the first place, don’t throw good money after bad money.

1 Like

Perhaps they should pull Portal back to be just for the Chinese market at this point.

But really, focus instead on being an innovator and leader in the VR space.

Such a situation is a classic example of biting off more then you can chew. Spread yourself too thin and everything suffers.

I like the Portal idea and I think there’s some merit there. Though I’d prefer they focus on one thing and be the best at it instead of focusing on too many things and stretching themselves thin.

3 Likes