CES 2023 (Jan 5-8)

With CES 2023 just around the corner I thought I’d create a thread about it.

With Covid seemingly in the past we’re hopefully going to get a full show this year.

What are you looking forward too?

1 Like

The big news is Sony will attend this year. Hopefully they bring the PSVR2.

SonyCES2023

5 Likes

Sony will definitely showcase their VR2 everywhere. I hope it will ignite the VR heat once again. GO SONY !

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing feedback on the Crystals that the official progress list by Pimax describe i.e. 95% complete/finished/functioning, with the wifi working etc. In fact iirc it was only the controllers, eye tracking (but auto-ipd is ready), and 42ppd lenses that weren’t finished.

1 Like

Exactly this! I’m really hoping that their VR2 system is going to give VR that breakthrough into mainstream that it needs.

3 Likes

Can @PimaxQuorra @Pimax_Josh @hammerhead_gal give us a brief on what they’ll be showing at CES2023? 12k???

Sony VR2…? a Console or PC VR headset?

At least for the generic masses, it may have promise I guess. For hard-core simmers who want things like wide FoV, I’m skeptical.
Let’s see…

PSVR2

Yeah thanks. Then I’m out. Not a device I’m looking for.
Maybe you could hook it up to a PC? Seems like you can only use with PS5.
Steam games? I guess there’s a Steam store on the PS5.

Even so, resolution kinda weak, FoV kinda minimal.

I guess if I had a PS5 and games like Harry Pottery etc etc were in VR, I’d maybe bite.

I

Somnium VR1 is back on the table with there what looks to be a full Opensource hmd!

• Custom Eye Tracking
  • Foveate Transport
  • High res 90fps high res passthrough cam

and more

Sorry @Atmos merged my post to your topic. Thanks for letting know. :vulcan_salute::sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

Wow ! This headset is very interesting ! Finally another HMD that can give Crystal some competition.

2 Likes

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MNightShyamalan/status/1608524124347052033?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1608524124347052033|twgr^fd54e0268f66b7f8fae35a39c74946779e3ffae1|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-4223804014044036417.ampproject.net%2F2211302304002%2Fframe.html

1 Like
1 Like

Here’s the link for that Sharp news.

3 Likes

2 Likes

So CES will start tomorrow, really looking forward to get some good news on VR, we need it!

4 Likes

Flight from L.A. might be cancelled tomorrow, which means I’ll have to drive in if it does get cancelled.

Got to say. Shiftall always makes me laugh. :rofl: :joy:

You don’t want to be this guy.

Soon you will find Mutalk in a kinky store near you.

2 Likes