Can We Get Acknowledgement of the Pimax Specific RTX 4090 Latency / Lag Issue please?

I don’t know if the rendering has changed but on the 5k+/2080ti/10700k , Client 1.12 the smart smoothing is broken again with the come back of the chaotic 1/3 framerate smart smoothing that just frequently switches between 1/2 and 1/3 framerate with a lot of stutters in between.
Client 1.11 smart smoothing works fine.

I have never used the Smart Smoothing feature myself, so you should contact Pimax and submit a support ticket to report and request a fix.

What I would like to ask is whether those 40 series graphics card users who claim that previous versions of Pimax Client (before 1.12) had no issues, have noticed any changes in the rendering of the visuals.

Oh my god, YES!! This is such good news !! I just tried Pimax Client 1.12, and the issue is indeed gone. 75 Hz was completely unusable for me, 90 Hz was bad, but managed to stomach it in the end… (Latency increased as refresh rate decreased for me) Finally I can use 75 Hz mode again and crank up SS and get full benefit of the 8KX clarity. I have to admit though, I had lost hope that this issue would ever be fixed, so glad I was wrong !

Well done Pimax, and thank you !!

4 Likes

Even if it says “never touch a running system” I tried. However, so far only in FS2020 and in the Steam menu.

Unlike before, I have about a 25% FPS loss and massiv micro-lags when moving my head. With pitool 271 and 298 FW I had no lags at all. Will check other games again or maybe it’s the MSFS, if not I’ll go back to the old setting. The shaking when turning the head is annoying.

2 Likes

I can confirm that the latest Pitool has fixed my latency/screen glitching issues with the 4090. I can have HAGS and everything enabled like normal, and it works great. Finally. Great work Pimax, better late than never I guess lol. Happy gaming everyone.

6 Likes

HAGS also works for me too now :partying_face: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thanks all for updates about 4090 and pimax. I ve been holding off after selling 3080 month ago. I might just take the 4090 plunge now.

1 Like

It’s kewl they’ve gotten things pretty much normalized for the 4090.
Unfortunately that doesn’t do anything for the stuff they need to still iron out (if at all possible) for the Crystal.

2 Likes

I have updated to Pimax Client 1.12 and still have exactly the same lag issue on both my 8K X and 5K XR

This has been ongoing since October last year. Nvidia no longer respond to me and I haven’t had anything from Pimax Support for many months.

Btw Client always changes my audio output too.

At this point, having tried everything and VR being ruined for what will soon be a full year, I feel I have no choice but to move on from Pimax - after being a huge supporter. I don’t feel like I have a choice now as no fix will be delivered and I have to assume that whatever new Pimax product I buy will have the same issue.

So disappointed.

1 Like

I know how you feel but if you have an extra ssd hard drive lying around perhaps make a test install of windows 10 (not activated) on it and minimal software to test client 1.12 and see if it makes a difference as sometimes leftover registry entries cans cause issues. Doesn’t take that long these days to do a fresh install for testing and perseverance sometimes pays dividends.

3 Likes

Well I never. After my latest rant…I updated to Client 1.13 and……the lag is gone!

Not sure if it is quite back to absolute zero as it was before, but it is so small now it is pretty imperceptible.

Just did a few hours in DCS last night and it seems good. Only took 8 months but at least it is good now at last.

2 Likes

Yea it’s a hard pill to swallow after the expense of that gpu or any new gpu for that matter but good things come to those who wait patiently and now the fun begins again. Enjoy it.

2 Likes

Any benefits to using HAGS?

Well, it seems the issue has come back. Not sure if I’m the only one but yeah, HAGS now causes the horizontal lines/ghost frames for me again with the latest Pimax home/PiTool update and latest 8KX 2076 firmware (2003 120hz non beta). Have tried the beta 2006 firmware too, same issue. I don’t know what happened.

It had been solved for me but I put my Pimax headset away for a while since it just gives me so many issues. But I tried to give it a go again and yeah, back to square one. Turning off HAGS solves everything. But why should I have to turn this core feature off on a 4000 series card? It’s needed for frame generation etc.

I am so close to selling this headset and never buying from Pimax again. It is such a shame. I regret recommending it to others. I normally don’t rant online but in all honesty this headset alone killed my love for VR because of how many issues it has. And I spent so much on it but have barely even used it purely because of these problems with the 4090/4000 series. I don’t think I have ever had a single play session where it didn’t give me at least one hiccup or problem. And the devs just don’t seem to care about anything but the Crystal anymore.

1 Like

Have you tried PiPlay version 1.13 as that seemed to solve a lot of issues with the 4090 GPU. Pitool is no longer being actively maintained AFAIK but PiPlay is so I recommend giving that a try.

1 Like

Yes I have, same problem unfortunately. I meant piplay, not PiTool, my mistake

1 Like