Can We Get Acknowledgement of the Pimax Specific RTX 4090 Latency / Lag Issue please?

It may be or may not be HW combination driven. As I said, friends of mine have tried my 8KX while having me complaining about the issue, not bothering them at all. Hence it leads me to believe this is a matter of sensitivity. I’ve yet only tried the 8KX on my system. I might bring the 4090 and 8KX over to one of my friends system and try a different combo once I find the time though.

1 Like

Oh, before the 4090 it helped me beat the performance of a 3080 in almost every aspect for VR with an old touring card. :joy:

1 Like

We have emails exchange with other developers, and we are hopeful that we can collaborate to develop a new patch and driver update that will effectively eliminate the latency issue.

3 Likes

Awesome thanks.

I’m thinking it’s firmware related as well since I experience the issue on a 5K super with Amd graphics. So not an Nvidia or just an 8KX issue. This may take a very creative approach and quite an effort to remedy. I remain hopeful as I’ve already purchased an 8KX to replace my aging 5K but may never unbox it unless I can use it confident of it’s future usefulness.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation as you, but originally I wanted to keep my 5k+ and buy a 4090!
in view of the problems encountered by “certain” users, but I found an 8kx 2076 on amazon with a very good price and I am very surprised by the image quality and performance obtained with my 3080, I hope pimax will find a remedy for this phenomenon quickly but I have my doubts! they are too focused on crystal

1 Like

Referring to this post [BETA 1.25.5] Vsync to photons latency issue on Radeon RX 7000 GPU's :: SteamVR Bug Reports, even if I observe changes in the VSyncToPhotonsOffsetMs=X.0 value in the vrcompositor.txt file, I feel that it has no effect on the Pimax 8KX and 5KXR.
This may be similar to how the features of steamvr Disable Direct Mode, steamvr Motion Smoothing, and steamvr Async Reprojection are also unavailable on Pimax HMDs.

1 Like

Yea I tried the vsync to photons remedy in steam vr
with no observable change either. Seeing it on pimax home sorta points to pitool/firmware as well since steam vr isn’t even running.

2 Likes

I can confirm I also suffer from the same issue (the weird screen glitches/single frame display offsetting). Using a Pimax 2076 (V2) headset with the 120hz firmware (2.1.255.2006) and 4090 on the latest game ready driver as of now (535.98). I have tried pretty much everything listed here so far to fix it with no success. Hope someone can figure out a fix for this as its incredibly annoying. Sole reason I got a 4090 was for a solid VR experience with my Pimax.

1 Like

Try going back to V2002 FW.

i had issues with V2003/2006 as well.
they both caused screen glitches/flickering of the panels.
and no matter the HZ or Size i had it set too(it did this on my MSI Seahawk 2080 AND asus Tuf 4090 OC).

the moment i went back to V2002, the issues went away and i was fine(just stuck with 90hz).

1 Like

got a link for the 2002fw mate?

2 Likes

any luck?

@BigSoulja and @JonnyM

Hi King Todd, are you using pitool or the Client and which version? I get my 4090 next week, I’ll see how it goes for me in FW2003 :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

i am about to try client 1.12 that just came out.
IF it fixes the Auto Default audio adjustment issue, i will try to stick with it.
(it keeps changing my default audio of my AE5 Speakers to pimax 8KX, and i have my 8KX audio going through my AE5 to my “What u hear” for better audio).

If it does not fix it, i go back to pitool V284, and i have no issues with that.

Edit:… Still there.
Going back to Pitool V284

No luck, pimax client stopped recognising it on upgrade. Had to go back to 299.

The pimax client update last night finally fixed it though :partying_face: :partying_face:

I immediately noticed a difference in pimax home, I guess I did have latency issues as well because it feels so responsive now.

Even though I had my insane mystic light install/uninstall fix, it’s so nice to have this working reliably. I was starting to doubt getting a 12k in case I had the same issue. Good job pimax!

(although I will never forget the absolute hell I went through troubleshooting this)

Hope it works well for everyone else.

2 Likes

OMG client 1.12 does indeed fix the lag issue on Pimax headsets even for AMD cards. It appears to use a batch file to check DP latency and apply compensation for it. THANK YOU! to the dev team for getting this resolved for us to once again thoroughly enjoy the Pimax experience.

3 Likes

Pimax client 1.12 indeed resolved the latency issue. I specifically borrowed a non-base station tracked crystal HMD and reproduced the same latency issue with Pimax 1.11 client version. So, this latency problem is unrelated to the old and new 8KX.

Only the later updated FE reference edition of the 40 series graphics cards has the AD102-301 chip version, and differs from Asus graphics cards in terms of the five display interfaces. This is also unrelated to different brands of graphics cards.

However, I unintentionally reproduced a similar latency issue when trying to mix and match the crystal HMD with Lighthouse base stations and Index controllers in Pimax 1.12 client version.

Therefore, this latency issue can only be attributed to the compatibility problem between Pimax and SteamVR on the 40 series graphics cards, and it requires Pimax itself to fix it.

I also want to ask those who claim to have no issues, do they feel that the rendering has changed in Pimax client 1.12? :interrobang:

1 Like

I noticed that the HDMI interface of Vive does not experience latency issues even without the 40 series graphics card patch and with SteamVR 1.25.3 version. It is highly likely that the issue is related to the DP interface, similar to the case with 3090ti.

I had the tracking latency issue with the 5K super hmd with a 7900XTX.The lag was nauseating in fast paced games especially when a lot of head movement was involved. The post above from Jonny M states it’s resolved for him on a 4090 iirc. Trying to get the word out on several forums as quite a few users were affected by this issue as I was and I’m very happy about it’s resolution.