Been keeping an eye on this, in all the demos the physics is superb
Wow it looks awesome and full index controller support .
Yes indeed. Suspiciously Half Life as well
Yes it definitely reminds me of half life which is also awesome
Watch the earlier Node videos if you haven’t yet. The balloon gun is hilarious
Releases 10am PST on Steam, aka…
East Coast US: 1pm Eastern Standard Time, Tuesday 10th of December
London/Europe: 6pm Greenwich Mean Time, Tuesday 10th of December
Australia and Asia: 5am Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time, Wednesday 11th of December
Downloading now and hyped to try on knuckles.
Nice! I’ll go look myself shortly
Let us know your thoughts playing it on Pimax with Index controllers!
Just played 10 minutes (have to get back to work).
Image 9.0 on 5K+ Clear, runs beautifully maxed out res at near 90hz, very well optimized graphically.
Index Controllers 9.5 Interacting in the sandbox world is intuitive and natural, just what you would hope for. Feels like a huge step forward.
- we’ll see what glitches etc catch my attention later but Valve and Boneworks are… amazing.
back to work damn
Yeah, I’m stuck at work too, which is why I asked about it. 4 more hours…
Hand tracking for Oculus Quest due to release in a few days. What a week for VR!
Looking forward to that too…!
Tried Boneworks and it was cool, but I didn’t get that far as it seems there’s a long tutorial/free play beginning and I just wanted to play (now that the kids are sleeping)… I’ll save it for another day…
Ended up playing Lambda1VR (Half Life 1) on the Quest instead.
I’m going to have to fix a few things before I can get going properly
Right eye totally pixellated. I’m aware of other users reporting this for other apps, have to check if it’s FFR with Boneworks, or it doesn’t like my PiTool setting (currently 2, I think 1 was equal in both eyes, but pixellation was bad on both)
I can never get floor settings right, always have trouble picking up floor objects in games and same here. Small play area makes it worse
This has reminded me why I was annoyed about the ongoing lack of MAS. I can’t look around much in a VR FPS without my counterweight falling off and the double velcro from the extra foam biting into my face. After 15 mins I’ve had enough and need a VR break. Pimax, please please get the MAS and CK delivered ASAP!!!
Are you using the Vive DAS?
No I wish, I’m using the terrible standard cloth strap and an extra foam cover from my WMR headset. I just figured the MAS would at least be on the way by now Let’s see if it’s here before Alyx launches or if there will be more delays. Imho the MAS is literally more of a game changer for Pimax than the 8KX and the thing I’m looking forward to the most.
Anyway, I managed to get some decent play time in and have partly made my way through the tutorial.
- Gaffa taped the sh*t out of my counterweight - holding up OK
- Pixellation was FFR - turned it off and playing the game on PiTool 2, Large FOV, plus Motion Smoothing and I’m on a steady 45FPS so far
- In game settings that I remember:
Shadows - Max
AA - 8X
Auto resolution - off
- Probably because I don’t have a boundary set (room is too small), it recommended the Seated mode. But I just didn’t find it that enjoyable at all. I am much happier now playing the game in Standing mode, and fiddled with the floor settings until I could comfortably reach everything. Might shift the whole setup to a bigger room temporarily, it’s simply going to be the most enjoyable way to play.
- I can mostly get away with the single LH but of course be aware that certain puzzle moments can go a bit wrong if you lose tracking I’m using the default smooth locomotion but using the option to pivot now and again keeps me facing the LH. No different to any VR FPS I guess.
- Once you get the hang of it, the controls and physics are a lot of fun. Look forward to getting into the real story tomorrow
- Forgot to say - I’m using 5k+ and Index controllers
@Matthew.Xu enabling ‘FFR conservative’ on 5K+ on the new game Boneworks causes total pixellation of the right eye. Game runs fine when FFR is turned off.
Can I leave that issue with you here, or should I contact someone else / raise a support ticket?
@Alex.liu is the software product manager.