Awesome! Dying light VR : How to play on pimax 8k, 5k, 4k without revive and steamvr

This game does not support position tracking. Therefore, a lighthouse is unnecessary.

1 Like

Initially, my path to the Dying Light folder in documents is different to what you posted due to OneDrive. When I opened the file though it already had OculusEnabled(). I couldn’t get this to work until I added the same at the end of the document.

I created the txt file in the game directory folder as you suggested and it works. I am using the Pitool beta, no options enabled like smart smoothing or fixed FR. I am using large FOV 80 hz. In-game all options are OFF.

3 Likes

got it working…decent frame rate although a little dizzy at first without 6DOF. It’s great to be back in that familiar macabre world again.

thanks @park

3 Likes

Awesome workaround @park as usual

3 Likes

@park

Is there a way to import the game exe icon into Pilool as well?

2 Likes

@jTeller yes, I will soon share a way :smile:

4 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/setting-up-game-icons-imported-into-pitool/19010?u=park

4 Likes

Any suggestions park on getting this to run smoothly? I’m kind of jealous others are having a better time when I am using an RTX 2080 Ti i9 9900K rig. :tired_face:

The problem I am having to get this to work is each time the game boots it overwrites the file where you add OculusEnabled () which as I said is already there.

@RobCram , the OculusEnabled line that you already see in the file is just the file descriptor line that explains what the option does once it is enabled. The option isn’t enabled until you copy that line down to the section below that doesn’t have the exclamation marks in front of it.

I have a 1080 TI with 7700K and the game is playable but performance is not great by any means for me. I am using Normal FOV though with PiTool set to 1.

I did find that it works a little better for me when I leave the lighthouse tracking option on. I have to position myself in the middle of my play space to align myself with my in-game character to make it work this way, but once I get myself aligned correctly I find that while looking around in the game the world view feels much more stable.

3 Likes

Interesting, I’ll have to try this as I feel slightly woozie when using just the headset gyros in an action-movement game like this, unlike a seated cockpit game for example.

1 Like

Ok I got it to boot again thanks. However, like before it’s running at 20 fps.

1 Like

Ok just did some tweaking and it’s running surprisingly good now. Jesus, best immersive, best graphics in VR so far imho.

Latest Pitool

FOV Normal
Refresh 72
Render quality .075
SS off
FFR off

Ingame

AA on (no performance hit noticeable and looks much better)

i7 8700K
Asus Rog strix 2080
16gb
1TB ssd

2 Likes

Yeh much better performance with Normal FOV large just doesn’t seem to work for me.

1 Like

Depth of Field off ingame, improves framerate even more.

1 Like

I’m afraid I can’t get it to work :(. I followed the video instructions exactly. Is the oculus software required? To be on the safe side, I reinstalled the game and deleted the dying light folder in documents.

Are you launching the game from within Pitool?

Yes, I tried within pitool but only on monitor the game starts. I followed the very good video description step by step. I have the oculus software not installed. Is it required?

Not 100% sure if it’s required but mine is installed so yea I would try it. But, this is a Steam game…is steam running when you try to launch Dying LIght?

@park

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I will install the oculus software and try again. My steam is running.

1 Like

If you have correctly created “steam_appid.txt”, then oculus software is not required.

1 Like