Assetto Corsa Competizione Worse Performance in recent updates?

Absolutely fantastic, thanks!

How do you like your NLR tack racer motion sim setup? It’s 4 DOF, right (Yaw and traction loss via the base, tilt and lean via the seat mover)?

I’m using a DOFreality P3 together with wind, buttkicker and shake kit and absolutely love it with motion compensation!

Mine below :wink:

3 Likes

Please let me know if you use those as ACC launch properties or if you use that line for STEAM itself?

ACC launch properties is correct .

NLR is amazing :grinning:

and i type it in exactly this way into the ACC steam launch properties?
force-d3d12 -USEALLAVALIABLECORES

1 Like

One other questions - where is “spectatorScreenMode”? its not in the engine.ini file. What file and where is it?

documents/acc/config/vrsettings

1 Like

I’d like to know this too tbh.

Even better would be a quick screenshot of the launch properties in Steam :wink:

@MikeJeffries that’s quite the setup you have, amazing! What motion sim are you using?

I spent the last 9 months almost exclusively in AC OG with a lot of great mods, so far I have to say that even with the engine.ini etc, ACC looks worse in VR than a modded AC. Do you find the same?

What sims are you guys racing the most?

EDIT: from what I gather it should be

force-d3d12 -USEALLAVAILABLECORES
rather than
force-d3d12 -USEALLAVALIABLECORES

EDIT 2: it appears the correct command for forcing DX12 is
-dx12 or -d3d12

@godiz: can you comment on this please?

Im confused now. Whats the correct parameter line to use?

It should be -USEALLAVAILABLECORES and -dx12 or alternatively -d3d12 from what I gather.

Kudos themselves have, however, commented that there is a reason, why DX12 isn’t selectable as an in game option; apparently it doesn’t improve performance and can actually cause issues.

I will give both settings a go.

Please report back! thanks

i use force-d3d12 -USEALLAVALIABLECORES in start launch acc in steam

but maybe its wrong ,

AFAIK there is no force-XXX command for Steam.

And your command to use all cores has a typo (available [correct] vs avaliable [typo])

I agree it has a typo so that wouldnt work anyway. Can we somehow confirm if theres a difference with fpsVR with a different command line?

try it. i just find some info on some forums , maybe not work

try it. i just find it on some forums , maybe its not work.

I‘m finding that the sim already uses all 16 threads pretty well, even without the command.

And DX12 actually stutters a bit more than DX11.

Thanks to your input I quite like ACC so far but I notice that the sound is considerably worse than in AC and the ffb still needs some tweaking to feel right.

sound is awesome in acc. sure you have sound on? :grinning:

:smiley:

I do have it on and it sounds very tinny and flat through my KDMAS speakers. Maybe there are some sound settings to adjust somewhere?

OG AC with mods sounds fantastic in comparison.

1 Like

So with Pimax 8KX, motion compensation work with DOF P3? You just turn it on on Pitool?