Assetto Corsa Competizione Worse Performance in recent updates?

i know :slight_smile:

What’s the point of having 400% Pitool, then SteamVR 20%, then ingame 140%?

This just adds up to 4 * 0.2 * 1.4 = 1.12 = 112% (assuming ingame scaling is linear).
You could just use SteamVR 112% and leave it at that.

I never quite understood why people complicate things like this.

I thought the SAME EXACT THING but the calculation works either way. Previously I was using
Small FOV, Pitool 1.0, SteamVR 100% (i usually like to keep it linear also), and in-game i had resolution 90% and pixel density 125%.

The in-game resolution and pixel density make the most difference. It’s best to try and keep resolution at 100% or closest to it, and pixel density as high as possible. With the settings he gave me above the gpu is being maxed out and it looks pretty good although the dash STILL seems a little blurry but i dont even car about that as much as outside the car.

where is this ini ? or you mean json ?

Engine.ini - not json

in Documents library?

edit : nevermind found it

Hey ye sorry its in a separate folder with the other ini files for ACC.

go normal fov, and 110-120 pixel density

its amazing this game in 8kx .

1 Like

I only race ACC on wednesday’s so ill test it out tonight probably with Normal FOV also. Thanks again

I thought ACC required PP on, just like AMS2 and PC2?

nope :slight_smile: ,

1 Like

I have no engine.ini in my Documents library.

Anyone care to point me in its direction?

I edited the ini file with your values but ACC crashes on start with an out of memory message, allocating only around 17GB of the available 24 GB on my 3090.

Any idea what is going on?

how much ram you have? 16 gb?

I had a similar crash. That means you’re supersampling too high possibly. Make sure it’s pitool 2.0, steamVR 20% for ACC. And in-game it’s resolution 100% and try pixel density 100%+

ye try that. i using now pitool 1.0 and steamvr 100% piixl density 110-120 %

24 Gb, as it is a 3090.

This only happens when using your ini values and happens both with texture streaming at 1 and 0.

In flat mode it shows the same error with texture streaming at 0 but loads with 1.

It alos happens with PiTool at 1 and ss at 20%, just to eliminate that.

Ok this happens even with a vanilla.ini and only in SteamVR mode, same error.

try to start steam vr first from pitool and then start acc from pitool.