Asgards Wrath Firmware .262

Hello, I’m the technical support of PImax. We’ve noticed that pitool262 has a bad game experience for some games. In order to solve this problem, I’d like to make statistics of your games with problems and your PC configuration.
Thank you

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s related but when I turn on my headset I have to look at the pimax logo in order to know if the pimax service is initialized well (the partial image in the screen have lags), if I continue to use the headset with that issue all software are not usable. To prevent that I have to restart the pimax service. In the main case I do that just one time but in few case I have to restart it many time until the issue is gone.

1 Like

Is this a troll? Are you really Pimax staff? seems sketchy.

Yes, Hello, I’m really technical support. This is my newly registered account. I also sent a post to collect game problems.
https://community.openmr.ai/t/collect-game-experience-issues-for-pitool262/30043

But lol, no one’s back to me right now.

3 Likes

249 picked up the Oculus jumpies after a couple of switches back and forth with 262and performance got worse. The Pitool recommended 261 so I let it do the install everything without an uninstall. So far everything is great. Got my 249 performance back and Oculus games are working. At least In Death and Asgard so far, so I expect others will be fine.
262 definitely has issues.

1 Like

I’m using .262 and I haven’t noticed any problems with Half-Life: Alyx. I’ve got an i7-8700, 32 GB ram, and an RTX 2080.

One thing I have noticed (and I’m not sure if it’s actually related to Pimax software). Every ~30-60 min, my PC comes to a complete halt for about 5-10 sec; according to Task Manager, my CPU is ~2% and my GPU is ~10% usage, but ethernet usage is at 100%. If it is due to Pimax software, I think PiTool .261 is also affected.

1 Like

ok , making a new topic is probably a better way to get responses i guess, seems more official. There’s definetly a problem though. I know some others have pointed out quite a few oculus games that have the shaky view. A-tech was one of them.

Also your forum name. Are you a miracle worker who will fix this problem?

No, this is the name of my favorite dota2 player. I adore him very much. In addition, thank you for being the provider of the first question. Of course, we have counted and developed the pitool game problems that can be found in the forum.

2 Likes

I think I speak for all of us wanting to play our favorite oculus games on the latest PiTool. That we will adore you very much if you can fix it.

3 Likes

Tested phantom covert ops :stuck_out_tongue: and its still not fixed on newest pitool.

1 Like

phantom protocol? whats that?

oh and not good , at this rate my 8kx will arrive and i wont be able to play my favorite game Asgard with it.

That G2 looking better every day

2 Likes

Our engineers have reproduced the problem and they are currently looking for the cause of the issue

6 Likes

Awesome that you are taking this up! I really would love to help on that, but…

How about a, I almost don’t dare, survey with given fields? That would greatly improve speeds and quality. Make known games a drop down, known versions of windows, drivers from Nvidia, pitool and firmware. If you get like 2000 replays to that post, you are going to have long workingdays ahead of you filtering that all out.
And you could make it a permanent think for each new release.

Also that could be a feedback button in pitool, which fetechs the version infos you need and the game and post that into a database.

Its hard to rely on stuff like that on the user’s finding your thread and posting useful information.

You may want a better way of tracking that. How about the issue tracker on github

Alex.Liu In dealing with problems, you can ask him for more accurate progress. @Alex.liu

2 Likes

Asgard is working with PT 261 which will work with 8KX so don’t see why not.

1 Like

will eye tracking work with 261? probably not eh?

Don’t know. I haven’t considered ET only having a 1080ti but then AW runs fine on it anyway.

1 Like

yeah, i think we all jumped on ET because we hear that ET is the future and that we all watched Pimax Now where he was saying up to 45% improvement in most games.

this may happen once they fix the driver issues, but most games were running fine for me before so it seems there may be a tradeoff right now even installing it.

I tried AW on my 8K+ with PiTool 264 and firmware 264 using Revive and it works fine apart from sometimes seeing a very fine vertical line in the middle of the screen when turning my head.