Artisan basic through the lense

There’s something going on here for sure. While the 8k+ has been received luke warm at best, the Artisan reviews are, without a single exception, all raving!! People even say it’s better than the 8k+. So I’ve just pulled the trigger and ordered one myself, can’t wait to try it and find out if it’s really without distortion

5 Likes

Hey you got me and my soul sold already :wink: -> 5k+,8k+ and 8kx (last one as soon as its deliverd) are mine already which would not be the case if i did not love them.

I have to admit, as often discussed I am lucky and don’t see any typical distortions - even on a monitor I do notice them so its not just being used to it. So as in other threads its a “Setup meets Physiognomy” thing and also I guess there are limits to the Design (as with any other).

I do think that the experience can still be mad better or easier to be better with a wizard that guides people to get the best out of the HMD and some adjustments (like the upcoming deluxe strap) that make it easier to get a perfect fit and configuration setup.

Cant wait for the tips on improving the 8K+ and also ofcourse the 8kX to drop in.

And of course the 12k X OLED :wink:

Edit1 - I think Pi Tool needs a GUI / Start Screen which starts out easy - wizard to setup, room setup, a few basic configs and the games. And then an “Expert” Option that shows you all of the cool stuff we can do if you enable it (or on an expert tab).

EDIT2 - I think the Artisan is great, still I am sticking to the 8K’s but I am sure that making the Artisan the “Seller” is a good approach - it seems to fit more people easier, competitive pricing and so on - so its great its there and will get people to PiMax.

5 Likes

Yes… Pimax is ashamed of Artisan. I imagine conversations in meetings. "Oh my God we have created a product that works, without distortions, that has an excellent definition and runs smoothly even with a 1080 and without having 3 degrees in engineering to hope to be able to configure it and make it work.

Disaster, boycott it in all possible ways. :grin:

P.s. Im joke … more or less …

6 Likes

Haha. Well obviously it’s a lower margin product for them so they’d rather sell the 8k+ or the 8k-X. But I’m just (positively) surprised by all those raving Artisan reviews, sounds like they might have hit the sweet spot with the Artisan, can’t wait to try it myself and find out how it compares to the Index and eventually to the 8k-X.

2 Likes

I will say this i am getting the 8k+ better by the day and by no means is it a bad hmd,If i never tried the Artisian it would be hands down the best hmd i have used. i love pimax hmd’s and kinda like the options to really dial them in to fit what you are looking for.I think when you really nail the settings like pimax says the 8k+ really shines,i currently have mine to about equal to the Artisian as of now,it is really just alot of trial and error.

4 Likes

What options did you change?

The maxresolution messing with different super sampling and nvidia control panel 3d settings just trial and error really.

1 Like

I already said that pimax should bet on artisan because a large number of people can allow it, and it was this model that could make a good name for the company, and not a device for “enthusiasts and business” at a very high price and other nuances.

2 Likes

and yet, yes, I was not lucky to immediately get a high-quality artisan and I had the opportunity to return the money and buy for example index, but weighed the pros and cons and chose to go to RMA and stay with Pimax

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.