Any other backers get the Valve controller and base station option?

Just got the controllers and base stations in the mail a few days ago woohoo! Except the base stations came with a non-US plug. Then a couple days later in the mail (today) comes one single US style plug for one of the two base stations. What the heck is going on here?

Also, my system isn’t seeing the controllers… is that just because the base stations need to be plugged in?

Thanks! Dave (backer 807 8K Full Package)

4 Likes

Glad to hear you have received your Index Upgrade.

@PimaxUSA @Emily.wang can you assist him with obtaining 2nd needed power Adapter for the Lighthouse?

Yes you will need I believe at least 1 Lighthouse working I believe and then follow pairing instructions.

3 Likes

Great to see that Pimax are shipping the lighthouse and index controller bundles . Can you post some pics of the custom packaging?

3 Likes

Unbelievable that after all this time the plugs are still wrong. Hopefully this is a one-off and not endemic to this batch.

@dmharris Did you get shipping info prior to receiving the package? And I second @Fomatter, show us some of this custom packaging!

5 Likes

That’s super exciting! What did the custom packaging look like?

2 Likes

To answer your guys questions

1. I did not get shipping notification, just showed up one day lol although it was shortly after I paid the extra money that I was told I had to pay more for shipping than what I paid for the “upgrade” so I expected it at that point.
  2. I’m not sure exactly what’s custom about the packaging but I’ll post a pic in a sec of what all was included.
    -Dave H
1 Like

Not pictured are two fidget spinners lol and the one US plug.

3 Likes

This looks like the regular retail packaging from Valve. According to @PimaxUSA this should have been a custom Pimax box.

2 Likes

Yeah well… The “should have according to Pimax” list is a pretty damn long list. :unamused:

1 Like

@Dmharris to confirm the lighthouses were in the Index Controller Boxes & not in a seperate box?

Yep here’s the shipping box
At this point I just want to receive what I paid for over 2 years ago. I really don’t care about “special packaging” lol

2 Likes

:joy: Packaging and power supplies. You couldn’t make this stuff up…oh wait…

2 Likes

I thought the main reason for the delays in shipping was because Pimax had to get custom packaging made .

3 Likes

No. They weren’t packaged *at all and arrive in multiple pieces.

2 Likes

No worries so the lighthouses come in bulk with no packaging but the Index controllers come already packed in there retail box ?

2 Likes

So they for example sent the controllers and then the base stations then the packaging? Does this mean that we actually have everything we need. Does shipping now get ramped up?

1 Like

From photos and description above, base stations were sent not packaged at all, just placed in the shipping box. They also came with universal power supply and no adapters (one adapter sent later).
So yeah base stations were delayed because pimax were making custom packaging for base stations and sourcing correct power supplies for each country. :joy: It just goes on and on.

1 Like

They were evaluating Custom Packaging. More details to come.

Until then I have no further info.

This sounds more as I understand it. Hopefully have more details to post later.

1 Like

But 600 sets sitting in the USA warehouse weren’t being sent yet because they had to custom package them and source appropriate power supplies for each country…and they finally arrive with no packaging, original Valve universal power supply and leads.
I’ll bet a large sum the ‘arrived in multiple parts’ means basestation (fully assembled), power supply, wall bracket. How did they expect them to come? Mounted on the customers wall?
The comedy is real.

4 Likes