Any backers recieved their headsets yet..?

Believe nothing until proof can be shown.

What are words without proof?

2 Likes

They said shipping during holiday didn’t they?

1 Like

Lol, let’s go through the proof and admittedly it is circumstantial but it is very compelling.

Pimax stated on 20th Sept that the first 100 backers had been contacted to confirm their HMD choice and shipping address.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset/posts/2285344
(from that link)

If your backer number is one- or two-digit i.e. #1 - #100, please let
the support team know your decision this week, so we can manage your
shipment asap.

The implication being, reply so we can post ASAP. Proof that these early backers were receiving emails as early as 21st Sept.
http://community.openmr.ai/t/surveys-sent-list/8435/4

9 Days later Pimax stated on 29th Sept “SHIPPING HAS STARTED”
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset/posts/2301476

As of this date (half way through the holiday week), there has been zero confirmation from either Pimax, or the early backers that the HMDs have indeed been posted.

So unless there is confirmation from either Pimax, or the early backers, the proof so far indicates no HMDs have been posted.

Proof? I’ve got your “Proof”! :imp:

Proof
Proof
Proof
Proof
Proof

3 Likes

Lol :smiley:

20 Characters

Not disputing if Pimax even managed to ship anything before their holiday.

In fact, my decision email & confirmation arrived on the 18th-19th of last month.

You would expect that Pimax would be way past the 1st 100 backers by now based on previous updates.

Yes, from previous updates that would be a fair deduction.

http://community.openmr.ai/uploads/default/original/2X/7/71f14446a0f11e6a65ff6627bc1fc9de282ec0a5.jpg

If we believe the 31s July progress update there was a graph that showed their production ramp plans. At that point it claims they were already doing 200-300 and it would ramp to 700 the following month, 2000 the month after that and increasing by 1000 each subsequent month. That graph it indicates they planned to be producing 3000 headsets per month at this point.

It is no surprise to me and I am not annoyed at Pimax, at this point it is just par for the course unfortunately. There may be a valid reason for this delay, or they may have even posted the HMD already. It just the usual lack of communication.

2 Likes

If I had to guess, Pimax recently finished the 200-300 unit run (probably held off pending findings from Berlin and took their time with QA in the first run). @Heliosurge mentioned that half of the first run was reserved by Pimax for internal & external testing. So that tells me the first production run was 200 units (with 100 going to earliest backers). Looking at the original timeline, I’d expect the next batch to be 500-700 units starting in two weeks (after the holiday next week?).

tl;dr Production seems to be going well, but not as quickly as we’d like. But no sign of catastrophe or shady cover up.

Backer #6 here. Currently no sign of any tracking info, no notice of dispatch or delay info…nothing.

So assuming things have slipped a few days…

7 Likes

If they’re shipping batches to re-distribution warehouses, you won’t end up with a tracking # until they’re broken down into individual packages…

Course the good news is that when they do that, it should be just days away :weary:

5 Likes

That would depend on how they are shipping them to those warehouses. If they are slow boating them across the ocean you could be waiting another month.

1 Like

Absolutely agree, no way am I implying a shady cover up, just they are a bit behind schedule and as you suggest it is most probably due to final tweaks.

Given how long it has taken to get here a few more weeks or a month is hardly a major problem.

3 Likes

Pimax initially indicated the first lot might not use that form of distribution, being a low number I think they suggested direct or at least something else.

2 Likes

I’m guessing if it’s a weeklong national holiday, all they can do is get the units ready to ship? If the couriers are on holiday, nothing will happen til they get back?

2 Likes

obviously pimax would tell us if that was the case…no question. :thinking: Nope they definitely told me they are shipping end of September, then told us they have started shipping and will be sending them all this week… :thinking:

right, going back to watching out of the window…

8 Likes

Yes, they were all sent and every shipping label looked exactly like this:

To: <First> <LastName>
<staddress>
<addr2>
<state> <country> <zip> :laughing:

4 Likes

Sorry guys, they sent all hundred to me, I’m currently in process of selling them all on craigslist.

11 Likes

Please leave a link when they are posted

2 Likes

I heard the whole batch was destroyed because of this man (vive user), so be ready for delays

16 Likes

Gayest post ever…

1 Like