Any backers recieved their headsets yet..?

Nope, been diagnosed with liver and kidney condition. Admitted to A&E this morning.

2 Likes

That would easily trigger an nVidia joke, but I’m really sorry to hear that and I wish you the best. Maybe you can try to PM pimax if they can send you the headset beforehand.

2 Likes

God damn, sorry man. Hope you’ll get cured

5 Likes

I feel sorry for you, hope that Pimax indeed will and can ship your unit. Best whishes for your situation!

1 Like

If @PimaxVR see this or not, it doesn’t matter. I have waited so long, so not really bother that much if I get it on first batch, as I am one of the early backer. I will eventually get it sometime in October hopefully. :slight_smile:
P.S. Was watching Martin (SweViver) and Sebastian’s Creed Boxing Match on hospital bed. Really enjoyed it!

7 Likes

This thread should probably get pinned. People will be able to talk with other early backers about what to expect.

1 Like

I think that’s why Pimax made this section:
http://community.openmr.ai/c/pimax-8k/early-backers

1 Like

That’s most unfortunate. I hope that your health improves and that you can enjoy your new headset for many years to come.

9 Likes

Won’t let me post there

1 Like

Only folks that are confirmed to have the headsets in hand can post there.

1 Like

Well I have auto notify on UPS and FED EX so if any packages get scheduled to my house I’ll know immediately. Backer #59.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve got mine (ordered both 5K+ and 8K) the same day as my 2080Ti arrived.

I’ve done extensive testing on both and it is quite clear to me that the when you use a 2080Ti the winner is… Hang on sorry my wife is calling me… Sorry gotta go.

15 Likes

That’s evil, man. That’s just plain evil. lol

You know you’re going to choose the 5k. lol

3 Likes

Wait wait have you ACTUALLY received the headsets or just messing around lol

4 Likes

Pretty sure no HMD’s have been sent out yet. Xunshu made it sound like they were planning to work this holiday so that they could send out the first 100 this week. But I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s complicated during the holiday, so I’m guessing next week myself.

5 Likes

I’m fairly certain with that ending he had that he was just bluffing.

2 Likes

Sorry I’m back now. Yeah basically I’ve got both and the 2080Ti has turned up and after extensive testing you’ll be really surprised to know that the clear winner is actually the… Oh shit sorry again hang on, damn would you believe my luck…the keyboard has stopped working and I am unable to type anything else… Give me an hour or two I’ll just head down to town and buy another one.

8 Likes

!vote_ban sk1

3 Likes

I agree! Oh shit no hang on…

3 Likes

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, love it :smiley:

1 Like