Alien Isolation on sale today only for $2!

Alien Isolation for $2 today only. The game has Very Positive reviews, Though I not much into horror because I get startled pretty bad in VR :woozy_face: I thought for 2 bucks Ill give it a whirl ! Alien: Isolation on Steam

10 Likes

There you go @neal_white_iii , 2 bucks :+1:

3 Likes

Yep it is pretty good in VR though awesome mod.

2 Likes

For $2, I’ll give it a try (eventually). I’m still working my way a few other games, like Metro Exodus. I’ve probably got more games in my Steam account than I’ll ever finish.

I assume I need to use VorpX to play in VR, right?

3 Likes

Alien Isolation has a free mod. I think 0.6 or 0.8 works well.

The Modder also has one for halo

3 Likes

You can download the mod here GitHub - Nibre/MotherVR: This Mod brings current generation VR support to the game Alien: Isolation
Are you playing Metro Exodus s with Vorpx ?

3 Likes

Also, I remembered that there’s a fix for the dumb alien AI, in case anyone wants to play it with much harder (less stupid) aliens.

And here’s the VR mod…

And here are some more mods…

7 Likes

Oh man I forgot it needed a mod for VR :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:. Im a noob when it comes to modding . How do I do the VR mod??

3 Likes

From the GitHub link above…

Installation

Drag the dxgi.dll (and openvr_api.dll if you want SteamVR) into your Alien Isolation game folder. That’s it. Really, that’s all you do.

3 Likes

Thank you for telling! I had it on my wishlist, but i´m sure i would have missed the sale! And then for only 2 Bucks…OMFG! EPIC :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, I downloaded the readme file but theres no dxgi.dll folder in the readme folder. Is there supposed to be? I have never done this before, sorry, ugh

1 Like

Ive just downloaded it, and i have the.dll.
Used this Link: Releases · Nibre/MotherVR · GitHub

3 Likes

This game with nibre’s mod is very good.
Probably one of my most memorable vr experiences.
An absolute steal at $2.
It hasnt got 6dof motion control’s but it still feels great with an Xbox controller.
Vr implementation is very good.
The question is if your heart can take it.
It gives a pretty high sense of fear throughout.

7 Likes

THX. I got it now and I think its gonna work, will report back later!

4 Likes

Welp. The game is showing up in my VR headset but its like its in Big screen, like watching a movie. Is it supposed to be full VR or like a movie?

It does that until your in game

3 Likes

Ok, Im in the game, right now exploring the Torrens. But still in big screen, I do have the Mother VR option in the menu. Maybe I have to enable it somehow? I messed with some of the VR options but no luck, any ideas?

There are plans(listed in “Future”) to implement 6DOF aiming controls, and this is the main reason I’ve held off on starting this up(bought it on sale over a year ago).

Wasn’t aware there were so many gameplay mods for this, thanks. :grinning:

2 Likes

Neither have I. I bought the game, but I don’t intend to play it until I’ve finished at least 1 of the many games I’m currently playing.

3 Likes

Really enjoyed it in VR. Don’t forget to look up :grinning:

3 Likes