Alien Isolation on sale today only for $2!

No worries, Il fiddle with it some more

2 Likes
  1. Put dxgi.dll in gamefolder.
  2. Start the Game and go to Options, in “MotherVR” set “VR Runtime” to “SteamVR”.
  3. Exit game.
  4. In Pitools, set “Parallel Projections” to “On”.
  5. Turn “On” “smart smoothing” in Pitools.
  6. You need to start “SteamVR” first! … every time you whant to play the Game in VR.
  7. Start the Game from Steam Library.
  8. (OPTIONAL.) Go to MotherVR settings again to “Input” here you can disable “Snap Rotation” if you like. I personaly dont like Snap Rotation, i rather turn around smooth…but it´s up to you.
5 Likes

Great man, thanks Ill try it! I play on Reverb and Odyssey +. :beer: :beers:

3 Likes

The game looks so good in Vr :slight_smile: Hope it works out now for you!
Cheers :beers:

5 Likes

A heads up.
Last time I played it, 0.8 had a bug.
Although I use Xbox controller, i needed to have my vr controllers turned on, else it wouldn’t let me duck & would keep doing a melee attack.
I dont think nibre has updated this mod since, so it’s probably still there

4 Likes

I had the same problem at first playing with PS4 controller, but it´s a wrong mapped controller profile in Steam, simply apply a community profile for this game in Steam and it should work. At least that solved it for me.

4 Likes

Still on sale for 2 bucks, sale ends in 14 hours according to Steam timer

5 Likes

Thanks for the tips! I can’t make it work with steam vr, it close immediately. But I can make it work in oculus mode by closing steam just before (unfortunately it still require parallel projection to be turned on).

Same thing happens for me with version 0.8.0 but 0.6.0 works without issues.

1 Like

Ok thank you, I will try. The oculus renderer have a lot of issues with reflective materials, may be I’ll have more chance with steamvr.

1 Like

There’s still an issue with reflections and if it’s too much for You I believe You can turn down shadows in settings (I think that’s the option).

Besides that it looks awesome on the 5K+ :nerd_face:

P.S. Have a pair of fresh underpants ready… :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Yes the 0.8 is buggy. Hopefully Nibre(?) revisits and completes the mod.

2 Likes

That would be awesome. It’s amazing… :+1::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Can’t wait to get some spare time to try it, im a sucker for the Alien universe. Maybe colonial marines with fixed AI and VorpX would be fun :crazy_face::grin:

2 Likes

Killing Floor with Alien mods is pretty cool.

3 Likes

Never tried that. Added to the to do list… :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey Neal are you playing Metro Exodus with vorpx ? If so what is it like ?

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it. Borderlands 3 looked fairly good, but my poor ol’ 2080 only managed 24 fps, in part because I had to enable parallel projection. I’ll try to test Metro E this weekend and post my results in this thread.

3 Likes

I already have Vorpx and Metro Exodus so I will give it a try . I haven’t had a lot of success with Vorpx though. I was hoping you had some settings to share.

3 Likes

I gave it a shot. Once I got Metro Exodus configured, it looked pretty good!

I had to enable Parallel Projection. It took about 20 minutes to get a reasonable configuration, using Immersive Cinema mode, since I couldn’t adjust the FOV and in VR mode everything was too close. Be sure to use Alt+L once you’re in the actual game world, in order to get head-tracking. You’ll need to restart the game once or twice, as VorpX figures out the settings it needs to use. Use Alt+Space to recenter your view and Del to access the VorpX menu.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get an acceptable framerate (~40 fps) on my i7-8700K, 32 GB, 2080 system, so it looks like I’ll be playing Metro Exodus on my flat monitor, not in VR.

2 Likes