After seeing the reviews will you go for a 5K+ 8K or 8KX? - Keep pledge or change?

I’m happy to hear a fellow Pimax 4K owner about this. What Samsung headset are you referring to? The Gear?

1 Like

While I also do own the Gear… I don’t really consider mobile VR … real VR! I was referring to my Samsung Odyssey.

2 Likes

What else would they include

2 Likes

Agreed after trying the Vive Pro. While the SDE is still present it is not as bothersome as the low res Oculus & og vive.

But also while Ghosting is quite bad on the 4k. Depending on what your playing can be quite tolerable. Untiy Chan demonstrates how good it could be with game/program optimisation. Ethan Carter looks amazing & ghosting only heavy I found in the caves with tge ghosts on the puzzle “stargate” dialing. (Ghosts ghost alot) lol

Create their own image representation.One person already did this. They do this with the perceived fov. If you listen to the section in Sweviver’s video he specifically says the images do not highlight the differences compared to what he sees. So what we have are images which undersell the 8K or are misleading because they make the 5K+ look better than the 8K.

It would be great if they could make or doctor images to more accurately represent the differences. I am not sure how easy or hard this would be. But as mentioned, one Berlin attendee attempted to do this.

I would buy the 4K just for Ethan Carter. Very sad when Sweviver said the Ethan Carter does not work in wide Fov. I wonder if they can make a 4K+ with no ghosting no blur…

1 Like

Perhaps using his s8 to film through the lens might work better. But of course might also have some issues to showcase due to camera optimisations.

Indeed wonder if the dev would consider upgrading UE to newest & apply the pimax sdk plugin/optimizations.

But yes a 4k reboot could be quite good upgraded to dual screens. Upgraded with new bridgechip supporting lower res upscaled & native 4k support. With the dual screens it would be neat to find 20482160 screens & rotate them 90° to give over all resolution of 43202048.

However even 1 4k panel from the 8k would probably fair well. This could become king of Gen1 FoV headsets.

I’m changing my 8K X to 5K+, if I can :smiley:

I can always buy the 8K X when it is released, plus I will have a machine that can handle it by then, no doubt. !080Ti won’t be able to, and the current 20 whatsits ones may not either. Gonna upgrade the gfx cards to the ones that come after the 20 whatsits ones :smiley:

Hmm, now how do I change my 8K X to a 5K+?

There is no need to change from 8kx.

8kx is a limited edition & concept that is not yet in development. Each 8kx backer can get a loan unit that you can use until you receive your 8kx. For pimax there might be no difference to send you 8k or 5k as you will have to send it back later.

If you will be happy with your 5k/8k and still decide to not receive 8kx in the future, you can simply keep it and ask for some accessories for the price difference. Makes not much sense to talk about that right now, as accessories are not done yet.

1 Like