After seeing the reviews will you go for a 5K+ 8K or 8KX? - Keep pledge or change?

He said his review was close to 3 hours so it’s taking additional time to upload… last word from SweViver was that it will be available soon…

3 Likes

And then a string of AAAAA’s but it was exactly 20 so we don’t know what that means

“While softened because of the higher pixel count far off objects will be easier to see.”

Are you sure? I don’t get why? I would expect far off objects to be harder to see? Please explain

1 Like

With far off objects in the distance the SDE on the 5k+ will make the Object less complete.

To have a very poor example. Goto your backdoor & look at something far off in the distance through a screendoor. Then open the door & look at the same far off object.

Depending on the games you play though the 5k+ might be plenty decent. But in games where you might want far off objects easier to identify the 8k’s lessened SDE.

And the increased blur has no impact then?.

2 Likes

Wow! I hope they have enough 5k+ units available … after watching Sebastian’s MRTV video, the choice is clear in my mind

2 Likes

here

2 Likes

Something that would need to be seen. The 4k model likely has blur due to upscaling as well but no Native input to compare to.

Might be able to simulate to compare with 2 monitors. 1 native Qhd monitor vs Same size 4k monitor using Qhd input letting the monitor’s upscaler scale it to 4k. But the scaler in monitor/TV might be more advanced then the headset.

At same resolution both HMD have the same FPS,
BUT the 5k+ looks better at the same resolution!

They say you need 30% higher resolution on the 8k to achieve similar sharpness.

1 Like

so, the 8k is doa now the results are in.

How do I switch from the 8k to the 5k+

They’ll send us a suvey, methinks.

1 Like

Staying with my 8k. The SDE is the deciding factor. I would say upgrade to 8kx except that is still several years away.

3 Likes

I hope you watched all of @SweViver’s review as both have advantages & disadvantages. :v::wink::+1::sparkles:

Yep stocked up on supplies and stayed the course watched the lot,he definately saved the best for last he could have made a entire series/season out of that one video alone :wink:

1 Like

i would upgrade to 8kx. but i think pimax will not give us this option. so i put my pledge on ebay (germany) and i will use the money later (in 1 or 2 years) to buy a better headset. maybe the 8kx maybe something else we will see. If nobody is buying my pledge i will stick with the 8k. i was close to buy a vive set today to get the basestations and controllers it was just 350€ all together. but if i sell my pledge i dont need that ^^

I am and I did write that based on his recommendation at the end of the video. Looking at Sweviver’s comparison photos and the 5K looks better than the 8K in all areas. Not sure why the distance details are said to be better on the 8K. The images beg to differ. How many lines can you count in each?

Edit: Sweviver said the images don’t really show the differences very well and suggests the 8K is better in real world scenarios.

6 Likes

I say as a Pimax 4K owner the image of the Pimax 8K is very comparable to the Pimax 4K. I don’t want to take a huge step back to the 5K+ when I see these comparisons.

1 Like

What I don’t get is, if these images are not properly representative - by their own admissions - why are they including them? It simply left me and no doubt others more confused now.:confused:

I’m a 4K owner myself… I also purchased the Samsung when it came it out. The Samsung certainly doesn’t have the resolution that the 4K has and more SDE… but I certainly wouldn’t agree that the Samsung was a huge step back. Just the opposite. The list of improvements the Samsung has on the 4K is long but I’ll just say… I barely use the 4K anymore since I purchased the Samsung. Now as the reviewers mentioned… the 5K+ while having lower resolution than it’s 8K brother… still has better resolution and SDE than the Samsung… DONE!!! I’m in… 5K+ for me!!!

2 Likes