A collection of settings for the 8KX and 4090

2 Likes

hmm, looks ok, no bottleneck ā€¦ hmm

1 Like

So its not my processor i think,and my i9900k is clocked to 4.9 is that a problem?

1 Like

With how many cars did you test and wich track?

2 Likes

nope, i am on 5.0, no problem.
not that my old firmware/pitool makes the difference.V1.0.1.271 - 255.298 But donā€™t think so.

15 KI cars

1 Like

Have you considered doing an overclock? is it within 5%? That might get you there.

1 Like

yes i will try that :+1:

1 Like

very strangeā€¦ i hope more people can try your settings

2 Likes

i got 26 thousand something in the same test. i think thereā€™s some cpu bottlenecking.

can u or anyone run the 8K test please? i got see below, i want to if iā€™m cpu bottlenecked at 8k.

2 Likes

i do it for you,and could you test project cars 2 for me with dtar settings please

1 Like

lol yours is better then me

1 Like

Yes np i have PC2 now but itā€™s not yet installed, i will install it and test it. Should have results by tomorrow.

lol just goes to show at very high res cpu is not that important, but at 4k i think the cpu can bottleneck these 4090ā€™s.

1 Like

Thats great,maybe some more people can do itā€¦ I cant imagine the 150% supersampling on project cars 2 with those settings and get 90fpsā€¦ So there must something wrong with my pc or its something elseā€¦lol

1 Like

In testing the 4090 yesterday, I was finding that in many games increasing rendering resolution in SteamVR above 100% was having no apparent effect. Frame times were unchanged, and no apparent increase in visual fidelity.

But this wasnā€™t true in every game. VRChat was responding to >100% resolution, so that should mean itā€™s not that cap in SteamVR that you need to set in a configuration file (though Iā€™ll look that up and check it again. I could be mistaken).

This might be something to check out though. Maybe some people are experiencing a cap in certain games while others are not. You could be seeing apparently greater performance in the 4090 that isnā€™t real because itā€™s not actually rendering at the expected resolution.

2 Likes

yeah, for PP, you must go up

steamconf

1 Like

also to my incredible surprise Large FOV works well on many of my games with the 4090 because where before I was certainly GPU-limited. Iā€™m finding many games work fantastic on Large FOV at the same FPS, where before it just wasnā€™t worth it. (This includes MSFS2020, but they still havenā€™t fixed the occasional glitchy frames on the LargeFOV) Large FOV on Pimax casues occasional glitchy frames - Virtual Reality (VR) - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes

wich games do you play on large?

1 Like

ok i just quickly tried PC2 at Large fov Steam SS @ 150%, all default/fresh install settings, was getting 90fps. it looked really good but maybe itā€™s not a real 150% SS as Sargon has pointed out, idk.

1 Like

yeh iā€™m playing several games on Large fov when i was using Normal before, itā€™s really nice. Not MSFS though because as you say it has glitches.

Hereā€™s an interesting result from an 8K benchmark with a 4090 and 5800X3D, it shows at 8K (which correct me if iā€™m wrong is the 8KXā€™s res at Large fov) the cpu makes little difference (my score with a 7700K was very similar).

I usually game at high resolutions i.e. I use Large fov in several games, in MSFS I have TAA @ 165/Normal fov, cyberpunk vr 3900x3900 per eye, etc. I see no real reason to upgrade my cpu.

2 Likes

Okay i tried now lone echo 2,ingame resolution 120,AA off,MSA off,volumitrics off.

The rest is on high,these settings runs great on normal field off view and 90hz.It looks amazingā€¦

If i switched on AA or Msa or volumitrics i cant reach 90hz ā€¦