A collection of settings for the 8KX and 4090

use TAA @120 or 130%, no SteamVR, no Repro/SS, no PP, normal FOV, @mbucchia s pimax-openXR, but Toolkit must be complete deactivated! Ingame, can be all Ultra…
Give also not more FPS, (i have 36 +/- 3, but it is 99% smooth and looks soooooooo much better.

DLSS in best Quality Setting, is only the 78% TAA Resolution. :joy::see_no_evil:

For more FPS in FS, we need much more faster CPUs. Hope DX12 give in in near future a little bit more boom.

2 Likes

What about Pitool quality 2.0 in rain (not light rain) at 150FOV, all max AIs in @Monza (no chicane)? Can you give me a report on fps? SteamVR resolution is maybe around 4200x 3200 (estimate).

1 Like

Pitool 2.0 and 150% Steam are much too high - this gives nearly 10.000 Pix h per eye
Or mean you with 150 normal FOV @75-80%Steam?

ahh, sorry, have read your end resolution.

1 Like

That’s the ticket. Pimax Experience automatically changes it because people used to run in to this problem so often.

Yes @dstar makes some good suggestions about msfs. Use PimaxXR instead of SteamVR, gives extra fps. Use TAA instead of DLSS, i have my TAA at about 165 as this sets the resolution really high making my 4090 work hard, I get about 35 fps.

2 Likes

Sure will, sorry need to wait till later, when the kids are in bed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
But it’s 1.25 in Pitool max for me 2.0 will be rather hard on everything.

I also noticed that there are some issue switching games. Played AMS2 then went over to ACC again and only had about half the frames. So reboot and restart acc - normal behavior again.

I did a Video of AMS2 and tried one with acc but had several issues when OBS was recording - games froze. So I need to edit and see if I can get it to capture something useful.

Edit:

The Video Recording yesternight went bady - sorry but in case you dont have aything else todo - its silent, it crashed but at the end are the in game settings - FPSVR is there at the start put not in game :frowning:

Edi2: @reptilexcq with normal and PP the per Eye ist at 1.25 to high - average about 62 - worst 45FPS its about 5692x4936 per eye - its in the lower left of the image

withh 1.0 in Pimax

2 Likes

Your resolution is too high. It should be around maybe 4200x3200. I dont know about you but i always set my Pitool quality to 1.5 or 2.0. And I’m playing with 60hz mode…max AIs with light rain@Monza no chicane 120FOV using Ultimate Formula V2 and I’m getting 60fps with 3090. So I’m wondering how much frame rate I’m getting under 4090 based on the same settings. That’ll give me an idea how powerful 4090 is. Im guessing i should be able to widen the FOV to 150 and enjoy playing in rain (not light rain) @60fps or more easily.

But my PiTool is set to 1.25 which is already less then your settings. That was also @dstar s argument if I am not mistaken, 2x will blow it out of the sky if 1.25 already does. And I did not use large, only normal or small as FOV/resolutions.
I did use rain, not light rain :wink:. It’s explicitly the settings text in AMS2.

What is your point? I am asking you to set the parameters/settings exactly what I wrote down to see what is the fps? You can’t do it? You mean you can’t change Pitool quality to 1.5 w/ res 4200x3200 and test it?

My Point is, that with your wished values of 1.5 or 2 I will be even higher in resolution with your suggested FOV settings to 150 (normal) and PiTool Quality to 1.5 or 2.0 then what you requested or are now complaining about. Accounting Adam Ries if 1.25 as a Faktor is already larger in Resolution than what you want me to play for you, then 1.5 and 2.0 with 150 will be even greater in resolution… If my logic is not failing me, what always can be the case.

So if I am doing it for you (your welcome, and I have done it) we need to figure out what to do, either I am going to potato to get less resolution or we need to figure out why we have different resolutions - like the settings in Steam or the steam configuration file not going up to 12k but being stuck to 4k or something. I only Wirte the config file, never touched the steam settings.

His idea is probably to lower SteamSS at the same time. There were situations where the process brought a little more performance and a calmer picture.
One way is more on the CPU, the other on the GPU.

I read that last sentence too late. My mistake.

1 Like

I stumbled upon a problem - not sure what cause, but since its “another” topic but just in case I am not alone:

Does anyone have any Assetto Corsa / 4090 / 8KX settings they can share? Specifically, i’m curious as to what resolution, what fov, what MSAA, what refresh rate, what your fps is?

1 Like

Hi to all…
Im playing mostly race simulation and have quite good hardware i9 12th gen water coole 71% OC/32GB ddr5 / last gen 2TB SSD disk m.2/ 4090 OC Plait/ Pimax 8K X / Samsung Neo 49/ Fanatec DD2 /… Windows 10 Pro…
Pitool set to 2.0 … AC is top … all to the may and resolution aroun 4800 in SteamVR … it works really good all the titem 90 FPS in VR … ACC settings to the high… 90FPS… on EPIC + custom settings around 80FPS in VR …
The most delicate is iRacing… the game I play most… at full setings and PiTool 2.0 I can play it by Ryand settings from iRacing Forum … 80-90FPS )steam VR 38%/38%100% around 3600 per eye…
like MReis write is very delicate SteamVR… it doesnt save my resolutions … once work sometimes not… and that driving me mad…
I have also write to Pimax support because I do not know if they are joking with us… for Pimax 8K X is writen best hardware 3080… but I have inside 4090 OC which have almost duble frames as 3090 and all almost latest hardware on market but I can not get max out od Pimax 8K X … and this driving me mad… what will Pimax 12K need … 6th gen of nVidia that he will be capable to get out max… :frowning: … and now they have writen for 12K that 3080 will be enaught…
Im useing Pitool 2.79 and firmware 299 I get from their suport …
I have to tell after I go from 3090 to 4090 no more flicking as it was before with 3090
ooo and in iRacing I have the sam settings for VR and XR and both have the same FPS

I still think that Pimax should have software that you could run games without SteamVR (3th software) and that you could do profiles for each game … when you starts playing you starts playing not 10 min playing with resolutions and setting …
Right now everithing works and Im afraid to load latest client I get email from support… did somebody try it… I have read that you must login or something like that…

best regards to all

1 Like

Hey @alesk76 I guess for VR you can never have enough horsepower - depending on the game.
Many FPV Games work extremely well with the 4090 - other like DCS or ACC are so demanding, that even the 4090 (and my 5950) are not enough. It’s just a damn large Resolution and the wide FOV makes it a hard hit on GPU and CPU. So you are right - the 3080 will never to a full blown out fidelity. But I have never seen a game that is new and runs perfect no the current gen hardware all maxed out. On the other hand, we are damn demanding. I remember Times where 30 FPS was awesome then 60FPS and the FHD… Now we want 90 or 120FPS on 8K and more…

So my conclusion is - buying the 12k is a future investment - like you said it wont be before the 6090TI 15900k/9950 or something like that it will be a smooth experience in demanding games all maxed out.
If you want the it realistically, then I would suggest the Crystal - most likely that would be my option - very good ppd by reduced FOV - If i want large, I will use the 8KX if I want max PPD then the Crystal. On the other hand, developers really need to get the engines up do modern standards - multithreading, scheduling, DLSS (3), VR Optimized, and so on.

It’s a complex subject so many variables must come in place. But it has been that way since my geforce mx and the voodoo cards.

Edit: You can use SteamVR, OpenXR or Quest with Pimax - what is quite cool. You can do profiles for each game, if I understand the point correctly - and like you said - I never touch Steam VR - all in here (Pimax) or the game and I am done with it:

@ MReis… Im old IT guy who starts with Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K …Voodo … was also on the way Riva TNT / Creative Anhilator / ATI … ;)… and soo on… :slight_smile: … yes it was long jurney from there to VR and a few min ago I get email from Pimax that 12K si possible to reserve… imediately after I have read your replay on my email :)… soo what do you think I should do now :slight_smile: hahhaha

besr regards to all and a lot of health

1 Like

@ MReis …is this is new Pimax Client? you sugest to use this one now instead of PiTool 2.79 ??

sorry Im confused now… I was at Pimax site and there is Crystal and Pimax 12K… is this the same products or they are 2 different…

also where can I find procedure to return my 8K X for new Pimax product and just pay the difference in the price… (Pimax 8K X is like almost new )

please for your conformtion

1 Like

@alesk76 I do not recommend going on Pimax client yet;

1 Like

I am using the new Client and it works - but like @BrziJoe states, there seem to be issues in some cases.

You can also do the same in the “old” PiTool. With the latest version all seemed to work for me in the new one so i just went with that - guess in some time it will be replacing the old pitool anyway.

Depends on what you want - I guess I would rather go for the Crystal (I think you can reserve that one now) - since its not that often that I play in Large FOV. But If you play games like Blade&Soccery as an example, you can get very good frame times so I guess with a 4090 and 12k it could work.

If you are more into complex games like Sims, I guess 12k will be a bit underpowered for some time.

I would rather take the lesser FOV but more Quality and 90FPS or more the crystal might deliver. But it depends on how the reviews are - I hope it’s really a better image quality - clarity, colors, and Black levels and also a more stable and larger sweet spot.

@MRes
I have yesterday install latest client Pimax Support send me link over PiTool 2.79 i have also firmware from Pimax support 299 )it ask me to unistall PiTool and after that latest Client was installed…
PimaxClientSetup_Release_V1.6.0.18_202210272120.exe
I have to login and I did… I set up everithing like in PiTool large view render to 2 … and I couldnt belive haw everithing works … resolutions in iRacing like I had never before… cristal picture no blinking nothing …90FPS al the time… joy when i have play the games iRacing …AC…ACC.Automobilista 2 … I was jumping and Almost crying from joy … when i have turn of the computer I have say thats it finaly… :)…
but today when i have turn ON my computer everithing gone… no more clear picture diferent resolutions… If I try to setit back as it was yesterday ( I have done pictures with phone) FPS drops to 40-50FPS… in iRacing menus hardly that you could read…
I do not know why all this happened… and because of that im mad on Pimax…
Pimax should have also in Pimax tool option for evry game that you setup best resolution for that game (after you find out which is good for that game and you… that you could fix it ) … and that Pi tool should send info to SteamVR tool and thats it… simple …

and blinking is present again… from time to time… before I had PiTool 2.79 and 4090 OC no blinking at all