8KX vs HP Reverb, a new sample clip

4K resolution per eye is as good as it gets today. Near perfect view and definitely screendoor-free this time.
Remember, the camera can see way more than your eyes. You might be surprised once you try the 8KX. Join VR Days next month!

7 Likes

Look at the image below. 8KX vs Vive vs 8K+.
Enlarge the image to the size where the Vive SDE is similar to what you see in VR inside the Vive. Now look at the images next to it. Poff, SDE gone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

mind blown everytime I see an 8KX video!

3 Likes

Man I need more OG Vive comparisons. The pixels are HUGE!

3 Likes

Ahmm thats what PiMax Day 2 next week will tell us…

Is the + on the left and x on the right. If so the + may be for me!

Nah atm only testers & employees have an 8kX. If things do go according to pimax day; in theory likely receive somwehere between mid Dec to end of February.

SweViver is a tester & Employee. MRTV & Voodoode are Testers(who currently have 4month old prototypes).

2 Likes

Well if it had been released months ago… You would have the current pentile like 8k panels & likely have to use dual cables.

The 8kX was the original plan. But at the time just before the kickstarter it was realized 4k per eye was not possible with the Hardware available. Hence the 8kX became a prototype project while the 8k was a 1440p/eye with upscaler.

So your now going to be getting an 8kX with Togglable scaler, RGB 4k panels & a single cable version plus other goodies.

5 Likes

X on the left and + on the right (from the original post)

Also image is called “8kx_VS_Vive_VR_8kplus.jpg”

2 Likes

@SweViver could you show us Asgards Wrath on the 8kx and let us know how it looks,and even more important how it runs…

4 Likes

Wake me up when Pimax invents something. Insight tracking, cheap amazing controllers, ASW 2.0, hand tracking on quest, amazing optics…Check half-dome specs(just the price is prohibitive)? Market share of Pimax vs fb?NAN?
Anyway you used beta wmr plugin or not?

You mean Ocukus is releasing Half dome? Guess Oculus head that quit after his Half dome was shelfed was premature.

8K+ vs OG Vive

6 Likes

Pssst! Where’s Hellblade. :beers::smirk::+1::sparkles:

3 Likes

Just noticed that. The x has brighter color.

Wake me up when Half Dome is out, I will show you the Pimax 8K per panel headset by then

4 Likes

OMG. THANK YOU!!!

So this is what I saw when I was on my vive. No wonder I could never make out the eyes of NPCs.

1 Like

It was spotted, and Sweviver already confirmed that SDE is the only thing to compare in TTL shots.

Everything else is transient due to camera etc and another comparison could equally reverse the colours

1 Like

You still avoid my question. I see red smear from defective reverb, have you at least tried the beta wmr plugin so that SW side is correct on both hmds?