8KX vs 8K+ vs HP Reverb (Macro shots)

We’ll be showing more about the + and X at PD2 including some new details about the + that we haven’t gotten into yet.

9 Likes

Looking forward to hearing all the details we can while we futz around on the backer bonus website! I’m eager to see all the options available to us.

Is the intention to once again have you and Martin be the showrunners? Will there be a moderated chat or Q&A afterwards?

It’s the plan that he and are up like last time. Difference will be it will occur at like 2AM China time… Might keep it open for a Q&A for a short time afterwards.

3 Likes

Sweet, sweet clarity.

Thanks Martin !

But of course we need MORE. Can you please do it with this image ?

This is the ULTIMATE test.

5 Likes

Very slick image. Martin is probably asleep by now, i’ll save and send it to him in the morning.

2 Likes

Y’all haven’t demonstrated anything I’d consider a sleep “schedule” in months, so maybe 2AM won’t be too far out there :stuck_out_tongue: I hope Pimax can slow their pace a little soon. Is there no light at the end of the tunnel??

1 Like

Here’s hoping for attendence by some engineers with lease to speak freely. :7

EDIT:

If this includes the new bridge/integrated-or-discrete-scaler being able to do compositing, so that the frames that go over the display port cable do not have to include the black bars flanking the visible portion of the screen (EDIT2: …or even better - do foveated transport!), then we are cooking with fire, I suppose… :7

2 Likes

Pretty sure Martin is using the ROV FOV test on Steam. Steam Workshop::ROV Test FOV & Resolution

Thanks ! The font rendering is very good in the 8K-X, im impressed (and worried, must resist the temptation)

3 Likes

No problem, he can use Virtual desktop with the provided image centered with both HMD’s.

Sweviver,
Thank you for the great pics!! Nice touch adding the vive…!
Can you do a group of shots with the 8k+, 8kx and the 5k+ regular?
Many thanks!! The 8kx looks great…

1 Like

This is where Pimax’s plethora of headsets are a downside – @SweViver needs to nab photos of a dozen models!

1 Like

I will try, but no promises this weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You decide, check below :wink:

Not sure why (because its not that obvious every time) but the clarity just came out way better on the 8KX in Assetto Corsa, in every single shot…

9 Likes

This shows well that the upscaling from the 5k+ > 8k+ doesn’t add detail, but still looks markedly smoother.

1 Like

You have a place in heaven :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yep. Like I said: Thinner screen door weave, but no more detail - only the same, but more smeared out – I have already unilaterally been plucking a goose with you, over the definition of the word “definition”, back in the old days of 5k±or-8k decision angst. :wink:

1 Like

It sound like you’ve got it straight. It’s clearly better, and whether or not it’s better enough to justify an upgrade is of course up to the individual. All Pimax can control at that point is the price point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I gotta re-do the 8K+ image I think, this might be because I did start the race when I shot with the 8KX, which I didnt with the 5K+ and 8K+ (menu was still on top).

Hehe I remember that one… :wink:

Anyhow, its common sense, a 4K rendered image on a native 4K screen without downsampling will always be better for sure. But its not always so dramatic. Depends on the game and what u look at.

5 Likes

…and what you’ve been drinking, I suppose. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, speaking of hazy vision, I guess we should both catch some z:s before sunrise, unless you are still on nightwatch schedule :stuck_out_tongue:

Go’natt! :7

3 Likes