8kX screens same as 8k+

The Displayport are also not faster for full.resolution
hmm… with.small fov, maybe…

probably not, the limitation is in the displayport 1.4 specs. not the cable.

1 Like

But “DisplayPort 1.4a supports 4K Stereo at 120Hz”, so that’s not a limitation. (See “Can DisplayPort support 3D Stereo?” info in link below.) My understanding is that at least part of the problem is an issue with nVidia’s implementation of DisplayPort, which the Pimax engineering team was trying to overcome.

https://www.displayport.org/faq/#tab-general-faqs

i could have sworn… anyways it looks like you’re right. in that case there shouldn’t be a limitation except for what is inherent in the bridge chip and the cable length… and of cause in the case of optical the signal converters.

with a bit of luck the 3000 series will come with dp 2.0, not because the headset can use it but maybe they sorted out the bug in their 1.4 implementation while reengineering for the upgrade.

1 Like

Nope, 2x4k at 75Hz
Max Bandwidth 32 Gigabit/s, 4K at 75Hz are round 16

@BNP you are right

Now I’m confused. You’re saying displayport.org is wrong?

nVidia says my 2080 is “DisplayPort 1.4a ready” (footnote 2 at the bottom of the page linked below), so that sounds like it matches the info I found at the link above.

Think, you have read the specs for 2.0

1 Like

Um, no. This is the full quote (from the first link)…

Can DisplayPort support 3D Stereo?

Yes, DisplayPort includes protocol support for transmitting left and right eye display data. DisplayPort 1.4a supports 4K Stereo at 120Hz frame rate with full 24 bit 4:4:4 color.

Indeed… :upside_down_face:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/8kx-screens-same-as-8k/28908/16?u=drwilken

3 Likes

I think Neal is correct :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I believe this is just a confusing wording on Displayport site. DP 1.4 (1.4a) can do one 4k res at 120Hz, not two. Check wiki DisplayPort - Wikipedia
and you need DSC as well for 4:4:4 format.

5 Likes

and because of that, humanity is at an end. Now we can’t even believe the Internet anymore. :see_no_evil::rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.