8kX screens same as 8k+

That makes perfect sense then! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Again :wink: “insert line here to get to 20 chr”

1 Like

So is there also a difference in color and contrast between the 8kplus and the 8kx?

Not really, @john2910 but as the native resolution obviously looks much better, I can tell the “percieved” contrast between dark/bright objects “feels” better on the 8KX, and colors can also look more correct. But technically no, its same panels and same scaler. 8KX looks identical to 8K+ when using the scaler mode.

7 Likes

How likely the nvidia Ampere Series will get Display Port 2.0 ?

Was 80hz across the entire (large) FOV determined to be impossible, or is the team still attempting to reach that?

2 Likes

only on the condition that the graphics card glows deep red
This stupid physics must somehow be outsmarted! xD

Please ask Pimax engineers for 80~90 hz in native res at the cost o limited FOV.
I read some opinions in other sims forum that ppl are going towards Reverb g2 becouse they want 90 hz.
I mean it should be priority for Pimax to knock out all competitive advantages !
We know that 75 hz is still playable but some ppl have nausea tendency . Also more hz with Smart Smoothing make sense and we can play with settings. I’m personally fan of 144 hz mode with SM in my P5k+ 204 rev. I would truly welcome 144hz in upscaled mode - than wouldn’t miss any feature from my current Pimax.

3 Likes

they are 75 Hz panels, 144 Hz overdrive is absurd.
At 110Hz they don’t run properly…

Sweviver allready answered this.

SweViver:zap:pimax

13h

Yes, you are right, the panels do support 90Hz and 120Hz in upscale mode. I assume its just about bandwidth limitation why we are currently using 75Hz.

Im currently testing a beta version firmware yes

1 Like

Pimax already mentioned they have higher refresh rates working at native res with reduced FOV on the 8kX, but there are resulting image problems that have to be corrected so they have to work on the software side for that before it’s ready.

3 Likes

In addition to the previous question (listed here):
https://community.openmr.ai/t/8kx-screens-same-as-8k/28908/26?u=castelunan

How would you say the colors of the final 8KX compare to the Valve Index, @SweViver? Better? Worse?

1 Like

But how do you know they are 75 hz panels? We don’t even know who makes them let alone the details

@Djonko - i read everything :wink:

It’s funny in this forum that people post the same questions every 10th post instead of reading a few lines beforehand.

3 Likes

Sorry can’t read every post. Anyway I always figured pimax was simply overclocking the panels beyond the manufacturers specs but never figured they’d overclock that much. At some point you will get ghosting since the pixel decay simply can’t keep up

1 Like

@SweViver Does Pavlov at 120Hz upscaled mode on 8K-X, feel just as good as on Valve Index at 120Hz?

I heard Pimax is using brainwarp to achieve higher refresh rates. I wonder if this technology is as good as the Index.

I don’t mean you either, there are enough people here who ask the same question 5 times but don’t read the answer or realize the facts. Everyone is excited :wink:. I sympathize with those asked.

the 120Hz mode does not work at all. how should he know?

Thats the problem with 110Hz in the 8k+
A little bit to much. … maybe, the native mode will look better…

1 Like

Does that mean the optical link might allow for a faster refresh rate? A fiber optics cable should have a much higher bandwidth, but the encode/decode chips on each end will likely dictate a bandwidth limitation.

Yes, please do. Since I almost always use Normal FOV, it would be very nice if I could run at a higher framerate (than 75Hz).

2 Likes