8K-X recommended specs

Nah I’m good with 75Hz. That’s not bad and I’m old enough to take things relatively easy, so…

But that price difference is looking good, because these headsets are very expensive, even with the discounts

1 Like

Assetto is bad example to show 2x 4k native. This game in VR have resolution cap.
You can check it at you own just set Pitool 1.0 and SteamVR 120% than 150 % and 200%. You will still be able to play with the same FPS and exact SQ

2 Likes

Nah. How long will they deceive customers regarding upscaler?
Is Pimax recommending us to run upscaling mode with redering resolution of 1440P? Who would do that? If Pimax really intends that, they had to set SS 100% at 1440P, not something like 3800 * 2400.

Ah yes sure. My reply was a misunderstanding on my part, I thought Risa was talking about the DP spec of the 8KX being insufficient, but he was referring to the website

Robin said current cable is 5m, 10m cable does not work. But may work with a 2m extention. No details.

@sweviver can likely give a better answer with his tests.

2 Likes

Sweviver said no extensions he tried of any length worked for the 8kX unfortunately. But if that is the case, we’d still like to know if perhaps it will work in reduced FOV native mode (since they can turn off actual pixels now) or upscalar mode at least when we go to play room scale games vs seated.

All I know is that will determine which I get 8k+ or 8kX as I had to use a 2m extension on my 5k+ due to my room layout, couches, etc.

3 Likes

7,0 m did not work
6,5 m did not work
6,0 m did not work
5,5 m did not work
5,0 m :thinking:

I would wait for a pimax 8k X version 2.0 . It should come out with even new lenses and 90 hz including hdmi 2.1 and a long cable . I predict february 2021. Next year in august nvidia will release the rtx 3080 ti with an hdmi 2.1 connector. I would definetly wait before ordering the pimax 8k x with just a display port 1.4.

5 Likes

Pimax 8K X is the Best headset of PImax 8K range

September 2020

there will be a new range with

New design rounded

New Lenses

Optimizations

Cameras

No Valve Base Stations needed

Display port 1.4 for compatibility

lol dude wut? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just a thought…will there be a new PiTool soon which includes 8KX features eg turn upscaler on / off?

1 Like

Aaaand another question. What is the weight of the 8KX both with and without MAS and CK attached? How does the weight compare to 5K+ and 8K?

@SweViver @PimaxUSA

6 Likes

So in order word, its kind of a gamble to pre-order the 8k-X??

I have a 2080TI but we just dont know if this would be sufficient to run games at a decent FrameRate…?

With all the upscale and fps throttling options in PiTool, I’m sure you can get everything running, just not at maximum potential because that’s GPU specific.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it.

If Sweviver is right, rendering resolution difference between 5k+ and 8KX at SS 100% is about 8~10%.
Also 8KX has 20% lower frame rate than 5K+.

3 Likes

You mean refresh rate right ? :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, I believe that’s what they meant, and if you’re hitting the refresh rate they’re the same regardless. :slight_smile:

1 Like

unless V-Sync is disabled :smile:

Oh. Yes. Refresh rate. I sometimes get confused about that :rofl:

3 Likes