5k+ Just Arrived. It looks good, but I have an issue with my glasses

I’m using the Vive 14mm foam replacement from VR Cover on my Pimax with a piece of 6mm cut out for the nose and it works great.

1 Like

That’s what I was hoping to hear, thank you!!! :partying_face:

1 Like

Nice avatar image Veruca Salt very appropriate.

1 Like

If you make a strong statement of another user‘s statement being crap and completely wrong, then let‘s have a look at it okay ?

1. You mean, just like a number of users complained about the Rift not allowing for their glasses to fit comfortably under the headset ? Although it should allow for such according to its specs ? If all or at least most users had that issue with the Pimax it probably would be a clear design flaw, but that hasn‘t really been established yet, has it?

2. Welcome to the world of VR, you are new here, right ? Once you are around for a little longer you will notice that hardly anybody has an unmodified headset in use. Be it VRCover add-ons, lens swaps, or even more substantial corrections, especially for the Odyssey+, to make it wareable for an extended period of time, many of them invite tinkering to make them as you would have hoped they‘d be out of the box…

3. I don‘t think that he really suggested it as the solution just for this issue - he just wanted to generally mention that as a person requiring optical aids he perhaps should consider surgery, and as a nice side-effect it would also make this issue being discussed here go away. By the way, I had that kind of surgery done 16 years ago and it really was a great improvement in quality of life so I can see why he is mentioning it the context - trying to encourage people having this issue to do something about it not only for VR.

So, let‘s see, does your statement of it all being crap & completely wrong hold ? Err…no. If any statement in this context was crap… oops…

3 Likes

Which headset did you receive?

I know there are a few users whom have found hmds can be used without glasses. So it is dependent on independent user & hmd design.

Ok, crap is not the right word …
Nevertheless should the next generation of HMD overcome a few design flaws. I would say a function like the first Vive to add optional place for glases would not be wrong.
Personally I like the PSVR headstrap most and it’s a 1st gen. design.

The DIY mentality results in the flaws of the HMD designs and should not be the normality.

1 Like

Simple truth even with spandex; one design doesn’t fit all. One could suggest buy glasses designed to fit vr headsets as some like oversized glasses & some like granny specs. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

Diy is often best fit & places like hackaday & instructables type sites are great for this.

1 Like

how can i see super sharp then with my vive while i cant read small text 1m away from me?

Are you asking if it was the p2 version? If so, then it was.

1 Like

Nah my bad missed 5k+ in your topic. Lol

Its something with the focal distance. Iam nearsighted around -1 and while i am perfectly able to use the vive i’m having issues in the pimax where the center vision has kinda blurry text like actual near sightedness, but i can read perfectly well outside that center area xD. If i had to bet it is that there is a different focal distance between the center and the edges due to the angled displays :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm, if Pimax has really designed the headset not to infinity focal length, then this will bring a lot problems for all people who are needing glasses to read (edit: far sighted), even glasses will then probably not help.
And if they have additionally different focal length between center and outer zone will bring complete new discussions to sharp vs. blurry. E.g. for me this could result in a not usable headset as i need glasses for distances under 1m.

1 Like

It was fine if i put on my glasses :confused: But i havent really tested that too much as its not that bad just makes small text like what is found on a piece of paper hard to read.

But the different focal length is just a guess for the cause. My bad. Atleast it is clearer on the sides. I might trye to add a piece of paper to act as a shield between the lenses in case it is simply that light is bleeding through from the other lens as im using ipd of around 63 mm.

1 Like

Ha yep, Im backer 2500’s and 4500’s so yes I want it now! Also thanks for your informative youtube vids!!

2 Likes

Would you mind sharing which model of frames you got from Zenni? My glasses fit width wise, but if they fit closer and were angled like you describe that might help with not touching the lenses.

1 Like

Far sighted if you need then to read. Near sighted for far away objects.

2 Likes

With the low cost of replacement foams every mid to high end HMD should come with 3 different face foam designs IMO. I would happily send a mold of my face to Pimax if it helps make a more comfortable HMD. Hit me up if you’re interested in a 6’0" 145lb Caucasian male @anon74848233

3 Likes

The FAQ does claim they come with two different foams, though I don’t see a second one.

2 Likes

Thanks, it seems I mixed it up …
I got it now … farsighted or presbyopic if you need glasses to see near (to read books)