5k+ 202 series can try 110hz now. beta testing firmware to be released after CES

Did I miss some update? Can we (202 owners) use 110hz already?

1 Like

The new pitool/firmware is not out yet, but here’s the announcement:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/5k-202-series-can-try-110hz-now-beta-testing-firmware-to-be-released-after-ces/24462/69?u=trevorvr

2 Likes

How many backers have the 202 units? Do we have a general idea?

1 Like

Good qn…

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-supports-now-120hz-for-5k-202-series-but-its-unusable-its-so-dark-you-think-the-screens-are-turned-off/25344

1.0.1.253 is not yet the PiTool including FW upgrade for 202 Series

So after CES has become after Chinese New Year, (at least) 2 more weeks to go…
@Heliosurge please keep us posted here :wink:

The alpha 254 in Release Notes also has a special 202 FW only.

3 Likes

I’m on Serial # 2036… and am not seeing an option for 110hz. Can anyone chime in on if there’s anything special to getting it to show?

@MagiJedi :thinking::thinking::thinking:

WARNING FIRMWARE ONLY FOR 5K+ SERIAL 2026

• Don`t update this firmware to other headset models!!!
2 Likes

I only did pi tools.

1 Like

110hz is 5k+ serial 202. 203 & 204 have 120hz

Ah thanks for clarifying. I originally thought it was just an extra option.

2 Likes

There are only three 5K +

Hmmm… Pimax 8K+ is 206

Wondering what is 205 ???

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Don’t know until now only saw the 3 mentioned until your post

1 Like

I am a winner with 2026XXX yay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some Feedback:
So today i’ve updated my preorder 2026… 5k+ to 2.1.255.262 and Installed PiTool 1.0.1.254_alpha
After HMD and Service restart i directly could set 110Hz mode.
Fired up BeatSaber and the RTX2080ti had no issues to constantly keep 110fps on 100% steam render setting + 1.0 in PiTool

I did not quite see the difference to 90hz but all in all it felt way more fluid. I’m not an expert @beat saber but i pretty easily increased my hit ratings from B/C to A.

After a little over 1hour continuous play of BeatSaber the HMD crashed though. It got pretty hot from outside and seemed to restart. I will let it cool down and try some more games tomorrow.

PS: HMD still does not save the front LED color set in new PiTool, the set color stays in PiTool but when restarting HMD the headset always starts with default blue and you have to change it to another color and back to your wanted color again in PiTool

1 Like

The special firmware is made for 202 only as release notes states. Be careful as Notes did say not to use on other headsets Serials.

1 Like

I updated my 2026 using the manual flash procedure in SweViver’s video from ages ago haha

It’s subtle but I notice the difference. Just threw on Elite and even only hitting 50fps in stations (due to me pushing quality) I can tell. And Arizona Sunshine is also more fluid now. Not a fan of Beat Saber but will try a high fps game

Nice one Pimax. I’m happy you pushed to give our super-early models 110Hz

Cheers

2 Likes

My headset has been crashing constantly since I installed the new pitool. I don’t know if it is pitool or something else but I’m only running 90hz and on the same firmware I’ve been on the whole time.

I haven’t seen other posts about crashing so I haven’t suspected pitool but the only way to fix it is to restart the pitool service.

Anyone compared the FOVs yet? I just play beat saber at the moment where it is not as obvious but 110hz large FOV seems just as large as 90hz to me.