5k+ 202 series can try 110hz now. beta testing firmware to be released after CES

@Heliosurge, any news on the subject?

After the last “response” from Pimax (https://community.openmr.ai/t/questions-answers-jan-2020/24792):

Feature Updates

Q1. Can we have an update on 5k+ 120hz mode for serial # 202(aka black dot version)? If this version of 5k+ will not support 120hz can we RMA?

Answer: A compromise solution to this will update in the future.

it seems the latest PiTool changed the behavior from “not working” to “not working with a black screen”.

5 Likes

I haven’t heard anything on this as of yet. @Konger @PimaxQuorra

Hello Risa,

So currently you got hte 5K + BE?
And you can’t scale it to 120hz?
We will pass this question to technical support, and will get back to you shortly!

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

It’s not a BE but from the first batch release of 5k+ serial 202 have not been able to use 120hz. This was the series pimax had an issue with some of the panels having very noticeable blackdot pattern.

2 Likes

Hello pal,

Thanks for informing that, with this series problem, we are figuring out the solution for @risa2000
Please wait for the reply. Will get back to you ASAP!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Dear all
The team tried their best, although there still some minor side effect. But at least 5k+ 202 series can try 110hz now. We will release the beta testing firmware after CES.

Thank for your patience!

14 Likes

That’s a great news!! Thank you

3 Likes

I think the term is “throughput” :wink:

2 Likes

Ah yeah, my spell check must have auto corrected and I didn’t notice.

1 Like

to be fair Valve “silently” fixed click-gate.

2 Likes

And when Folks noticed Black dots on the Index they said it’s not an issue.

Pimax said the same until it was found the supplier had a wide inconsistency in sizing. My og 202 wasn’t that noticeable compared to others.

but black dots is a feature to increase perceived black level!

Ah ok. I have a 202 and will try this 110Hz when back. I also have black dots. I guess it’s a side effect of being first :slight_smile:

[Again, before someone comes in all mad and stuff, I AM NOT ASKING FOR AN RMA RIGHT NOW :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ]

1 Like

Well not entirely. They still have an issue with the left ministack sticking at 6 o’clock and not travelling all the way to 12 o’clock. In the process of an RMA myself and the Valve forum has 6 pages of others with the issue.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sold because, I can run most games at full fps at 72 Hz normal. I saw no need to reduce fov for a game like Assetto when it already ran great.
I did find myself hooked on Small@ 120 Hz for Dirt rally 2 though. It is just so smooth and in return makes the car handling a dream. I’m in.

1 Like

Did I miss some update? Can we (202 owners) use 110hz already?

1 Like

The new pitool/firmware is not out yet, but here’s the announcement:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/5k-202-series-can-try-110hz-now-beta-testing-firmware-to-be-released-after-ces/24462/69?u=trevorvr

2 Likes

How many backers have the 202 units? Do we have a general idea?

1 Like

Good qn…

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-supports-now-120hz-for-5k-202-series-but-its-unusable-its-so-dark-you-think-the-screens-are-turned-off/25344