Yep, still dense re PE.6

OK, I’m still dense on the ops of this PE program.

I don’t know re DCS, if I pull up the executable. When I do pull it up, do I just click and go.
Do I need to something in Steam VR, of which I have no clue. Or his this set up for me now. Do I need to set something up re steam VR SS in PE? Or for that matter PiTool.

Apologies again for my denseness. I get it DCS is bad program to test fore the most part. As is P3Dv5.
Right now, these are the only VR programs I have. It’s why I purchased my VR headset in the first place.

Understandably, there are still no tutorials on the PE program. At this point, I would appreciate a step by step on how to setup and play DCS Please.

Thsi is all new to me, so a learning curve. However, usually once someone walks me through something. I get it.

I just want a step by step for DCS non Steam version please.

What do I do in Pitool if anything? I understand we pretty much don’t use PiTool with PE?

What do I do in PE, to use DCS, since it’s non Steam?

Do I need to do something in Steam VR too? Edit that config thing?
Or does PE take care of that for me too.

I’m still working on my IPD stuff too. Not there yet. Be damn glad when we get some more assistance on that end. Also, still trying to make headset comfortable too. Beacuse of the hinge stuff I have read about lately, perhaps I need to mod my hinges too. I did purchase the weights for the back.

Have not tried them as of yet. Hope they will aid too. Right now, still too much damn pressure on my nose bridge…Ouch!

Can you guys just get me started in the right direction, I’ll take it from there. If I can get DCS setup in PE, then I’ll probably be OK with P3Dv5 too.

Which reminds me re P3Dv5. When you go in the sim, you have to select the VR menu to get VR in headset. Do I want to have P3dv5 always start in VR mode?

Thank again for your kind assistance
David

This indicates that you do not have the head strap correctly configured. When worn correctly, the top strap will keep the weight off your nose. Of course, that’s also what the counter weight is for, lol!

I’m running the Steam version of DCS so I need to ask where the exe is? In case you don’t know, do you have an icon on the desktop to start the game? If so, right click and select properties. This should show you what the exe file is called and where to find it.
Next, you’ll add a custom shortcut in PE6.0

On the center Panel in PE6.0, on the left column, click on “Imported”. This will show you a blank page with a button on the bottom “Import New…” Click it and follow the prompts. Leave the check boxes on default: you want it to start SteamVR. When you are happy with your choices, click “Add New Import” and your game will now be listed in the “Imported” tab. Click it to start the game. PE6.0 will automatically start SteamVR and then launch the game and exit. When you kill SteamVR (not just the game), PE6.0 will restart.

Yes, there is a way to make your desktop shortcuts automatically start the VR version, instead of going to the pancake version, but I’m not sure of the syntax. Hopefully someone else will weigh in on that.

I’m pretty sure that DCS doesn’t require PP anymore, so the only tweaking that you need to do in Pitools is for custom comfort, ie brightness, contrast, vertical ipd, etc… -get your game running first. When you’re happy with it, then play here. There have been several tutorials on getting the best out of DCS with a Pimax: I’d recommend digging around a little.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Stryder, Thank You for the info. Still not sure why I need to use piTool as well. I thought PE, brought those settings from Pitool within. Appreciate headstrap advice as well.
Best,
David

PiTools gives us the ability to set things like brightness, contrast, ipd, resolution, and a few other things, for our Pimax sets that SteamVR doesn’t allow. Mostly because no other headsets have those settings available.

PE and PiTools access a lot of the same settings.

PE was created to give us access to PiTools in VR, rather than taking our headsets off every time we want to change something or launch another game.

PiTools has the ability to turn PE on/off.

PE actually gives you more functionality in that you can set and save per game profiles that can have different SteamVR resolution settings, brightness and contrast settings, whether PP is needed, etc. Maybe a few other things as well: SweViver and Arminelec have been quite busy!

Cheers!

1 Like