Would the Handtracker work with another adapter

Check the linked topic:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/8kx-extension-cable-options/32137

It seems the Lindy 38415 DP Repeater + one of the fiber optic cables is the way to go… :wink:

3 Likes

great, I was quite disappointed with lindy cables in the past (pricey too) at 2,5m they started to give flickers on my 4k monitor already at 75Hz. It was 2 years ago, so they might have upped their products.
The 2m worked fine. But their repeaters seemed to do a good job as it seems.
Thanx for the link.

interesting that the video socket output strength of the gpu seem to play a role as well.

3 Likes

So I gave the hand tracking module a go (in Pimax Experience) both on the 5K+ and on the 8KX.

I didn’t feel any difference latency wise… :wink:

One note though; On the 8KX the headset blacked out after a few seconds of testing while that wasn’t the case on the 5K+. I found out that it was the port I was using for the USB2 (power only) extension cable which wasn’t outputting enough power so I plugged the (active) extension cable into a USB-C port (3.1) using an adapter from USB-C to USB-A instead and that worked fine. One could also just plug the black/USB2.0/power-only cable into a USB wall charger instead as previously mentioned… :wink:

1 Like

But with the 5k+ it worked with the usb from the HMD? I‘d never take an additional cable anlongside the one from the HMD.
This really defeats the purpose of the HMD, whatever is left from it.
Just using a wallcharger though instead of using the usb from PC is ok and not much of a hassle. But as long you don‘t need an additional cable it’s fine.
Hope I‘ll get my HT soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wasn’t using any extra cables. It’s just the “power only” cable in the 8KX needs to be powered properly and one of my ports weren’t up to the task while another one was.

Point was just to use a proper power source for the 8KX power only USB cable whereas the 5K+ didn’t have any issue as it uses a power brick… :wink:

You could just plug the power only cable (of the 8KX) into a wall charger if need be as suggested by Pimax when it was revealed that the 8KX had two USB cables:

• USB 3.0 (blue) for data+power
  • USB 2.0 (black) for power only
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.