Woojer haptic vest

for games only not worth the price at this point but could change with a price drop and some compatibility or a programmability overlay.

Wonder what could i get that is low cost and gives cool feelings while playing games

I have the vest new in box, only tried it once, if someone wants to buy it off me, I might be selling mine. Itā€™s great for FPS games, guns and explosions, if you can get it to do 7.1 over USB even not in VR, but seated FPS game, itā€™s actually kinda cool as you can feel where the shots and explosions happened (from what direction instead of just hear) but for flight sims and racing games it appears useless so far. Havenā€™t tried anything in VR yet or anything specifically programmed to take advantage of it.

Have your tried VR pron?

Are you still selling your Woojer Ryg?

Yes next week I will be as Iā€™m away on business right now.

How much for your vest?

Itā€™s selling for $650 new on their site right now, but since Iā€™ve only used it twice, Iā€™d sell it for $600

After the failure of buying the hardlight vest, i am looking at a low cost vest that would have audio haptic feedback amd that would work with any game, vr, non vr and consoles.

Any suggestion please ?

Also, is there anything that is fully wireless?

Hi there! How are you? i have a question. Is there a list of compatible vr games for the Woojerā€™s Vest Pro?

Thanks!

get tactsuit from bhaptics instead

I am not convinced about that vest, after watching reviews from vr reviewer though.

Also i am not sure if the tactsuit is compatible with other systems like ps, xbox, regular pc games etc

I am a backer of the Vest Edge - Early Bird also

Not sure it has a list of games that are designed with its sdk. I have not been on top of keeping up with it as of late. I own their original vest from the first kickstarter and not the newer version. But I use it with the USB off the pimax and it shows up as multichannel usb audio device. Its not location specific but adds a layer of realism and depth to the VR experience. I just played through HL Alyx over the last couple weeks with the vest index controllers and the 5k+ and was blown away with the experience. It gave a level way above headphones alone could ever deliver. The heartbeat when your health got low added a scence of panic feeling it in your body the hearbeat and the feeling of deap breathing. It really heightens the experience. It draws more of your body into it like the sound of wind and eary music is felt throughout your body and not just your ears. It no tesla suit for sure but good enough for me for now till better technology comes around. Im glad I got mine it brings my VR to the next level. Pretty impressive for a home experience. I would be interested to see more comparisons of haptic technologies but im happy with the vest and what it does. Donā€™t feel as it was a waste of money although a bit pricey. If you want to bring your experience to the next level can afford it and donā€™t hold your expectations too high you can truly enjoy having a woojer haptic vest.

1 Like

You still enjoing the Vest? I recommend HL Alyx for sure!

How hard is it to use it with all those games ? Is it Plug and Play ?

Yeah Iā€™m still having a laugh with it.
To be honest I havenā€™t used it that much for a while as i havent been playing vr much lately & keep forgetting about it when i do.
I did get it out for some multiplayer flat gaming last weekend & that was good fun.
I still really like it but found I need to be standing or sat forwards with it on, as itā€™s not comfy wearing it & sitting back in a chair.
I still havenā€™t tried hl alyx. Waiting for a few spare evenings

1 Like

Somewhat relatedā€¦Iā€™ve been using Voicemeeter Banana with a powered sub to get lfe from vr/games. Since you canā€™t determine where the low frequencies are coming from(mostly), this works well for vr to fill in the missing ā€˜low endā€™.

1 Like

I have two oft the woojer vests. I use one of it with playing on xbox one x/ps4 pro via 3.5mm cable. Works perfectly (i love to feel the enemies near before i see them :wink: ).

I also have one connected with the front usb-socket of the index hmd. From there i use an usb cable to connect it to the woojer vest to enjoy 7.1 (or 5.1, whatever) surround shaking in HL Alyx.

Personally i can not feel a big difference or gain in orientation between the usb connection or the 3.5mm stereo connection. I just go with the one which is easiest to connect.

I even watched movies on the fire-tv connected to the woojer vest via bluetooth. Works well, too!

You need more then a couple days to enjoy alyx! I swapped off playing with another player an hour or so each day for over two weeks till they gave up. I then continued and finished myself. I am now playing through on story ā€œeasyā€ mode to enjoy the visuals again. Will most probably try hard mode next. It is a definite play for VR! Woojer makes it more magical. Try and enjoy!

1 Like

I find the level much higher with USB.