Will the pimax controller be similar to the vive ones?

hi, one of my vive controller touch pad recently stopped working (again) and i started wondering if the pimax controllers could have those issues? as it is pretty common for the vive.

1 Like

I cant tell you how reliable the pads on the pimax controllers will be but i can tell you you had backer option to choose version with thumbsticks , so you may be able to contact pimax to make sure you get thumbstick ones.

1 Like

yeah i forgot about that. i dont remember which one i picked, thanks for reminding me

1 Like

No one here can give you the answer at this stage. Afaik even the M1 tester units don’t come with the pimax “knuckles”.

2 Likes

I have a feeling the Pimax controllers are just still mock-ups, 3D printed maybe. The design of the 8K headset was also the same two years ago. It’s just the case, designed to look cool and intriguing. It has no substance (yet).

1 Like

Best thing to do now is hope Valve will release the knuckles before the 8k starts shopping this year (hopefully)

1 Like

I worry about the quality of the pimax knuckles. Valve has had multiple dev kits in the hands of developers for like 2 years now and they are still ironing out issues even on this latest iteration. I just dont see how pimax will be able to match such in depth r&d.

3 Likes

Pimax should just partner with valve and have them supply knuckle controllers (please)!

That’s an excellent idea. Knuckles v2 look extremely polished. I assume they’ll work with the Pimax 8k in any case? I intend to buy a pair as soon as they are launched properly.

I do too. I like the idea of having both a joystick and a touchpad. I have the Valve game controller and it also has both. I like it a lot.

1 Like