Why Large Fov is locked at 90hz?

Hello everyone,

First of all, i’m very happy about the headset, great job from pimax, my request is in order to improve the experience.

Why Large fov is locked at 90hz there is a technical reason? In pitool 197 we could be at large fov with 120hz.

There is a way to unlock hz on large fov?

This would be great because in simracing, with large fov you can hit Apex with more precision especially in double right or double left turns.
I make a lot of competitions at 144hz with my Pimax but against triple screen guys, this lake of fov is a desavantage.

If it’s an “artistic” choice to lock hz, please let us the choice. It’s not a big deal if edges are a little curvy or what, this extra fov is a deal breaker (and that’s why i bought pimax at the first place).

It’s about how much data can be sent over the wire to your headset per time unit.

You want more pixels with the large fov, but there is no more room for that with higher fps. So it needs less full images per second so it can push more pixels per frame.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for the anwser. i can understand that but on pitool 197 we can play at large 120hz so maybe it’s possible to up a little hz on large fov?

Are You sure it’s actually large FOV (I think it just says so)? I seem to remember it not being the full 160 degrees?

yes it was on large fov i can see the difference especially on tracks that requires peripherical vision

1 Like

Then I guess they’ve just removed it as it didn’t always work for everyone?

Yes that have been removed since a long time now, indeed since pitool 197 there has been many updates.
I though “one day” we should have the possibility again to play at large fov 144hz or even 120hz like in pitool 197.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.