Why it takes longer than expected (M1 update April 23 2018)

If this delay allows you to make the 90hz work, go for it!

5 Likes

Thank you for the status update, there is no software on the VR market right now that demands our immediate attention and you release schedule falls nicely in line with the new series of video cards from Nvidia. The timing right now for the release schedule is good for consumers.

You have around 5000 to 6000 orders on the Pimax 8k, how many weeks do you believe the production line will take to fill this quantity? Will you be assigning hardware by bulk shipping consignments to various countries or each unit mailed individually?

Also I see you have been answering questions for the last 11 hours Xunshu, please go sleep :stuck_out_tongue:

my backer number is something between 210 and 220 but i chose the complete set (early bird). i think in the last Kickstarter survey i chose to get everything together. now after this delay i would prefer to get my headset asap. i already bought a 1080 Ti in December because i thought i will need it^^
i hope to get my pimax 8k in june.

Okay folks have moved non questions to community 0423 discussion.

Please keep this thread on point with questions. The like button works well for thanks.

7 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1: Now I see your plan is to start with 100 HMDs in a week in June, then you want to add every week after some 100 HMDs to ramp up production. Backers will get a new HMD starting some time in June and the order follows the backing number.

Here is the question: What about backers that pledged money for the Pimax 5k?

My assumption is the lenses are the very same, everything else is. So the production would just need to mount the other display type and logo to make those in the 2nd or 3rd week of production. Correct?

in case my calculation is correct there are some 350 HMDs with 5k display panels. Will you produce and ship those rather early or have 5k backers to wait until 5000s of 8k HMDs have been produced?

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Community Discussion 0423 Update

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Community Discussion 0423 Update

@deletedpimaxrep1 There’s a lot to chew on here.

So, closed beta testing is pushed to 'May and ‘open’ beta testing with ‘Road Show’ in June. Who are the ‘open beta’ testers, exactly, and how will the ‘road show’ impact shipping to backers?

Overall, when will you be shipping to backers?

If you’re expecting max production to be 500 per week, you’re looking at 3+ months from start of shipping before the last backer will have his order satisfied? Is it a reasonable statement that the last backer shouldn’t expect shipment of his headset until August/September? If so, are you okay with this?

3 Likes

5K will be arranged in the production schedule along with 8K.

3 Likes

Open beta means events, roadshows, and backer hands-on testings to have backers try out the headsets before their units arrive. It won’t impact the shipping schedule.

Yes it may takes 3+ months to produce all the headsets. When the final design locked down, the mass production will scale up progressively.

8 Likes

Hi xunshu , what about the controllers

Agreed - a lot of people are going as far as replacing the Vive lenses in the hope of getting better optical quality and here we have people moaning about Pimax pursuing better quality. WTF, seriously.

@deletedpimaxrep1 - please continue to strive for better quality. We can wait a few weeks more. Any news about the 8K-X timeline though?

8 Likes

X version - we don’t have an exact timeline yet
Controllers - there will be an update soon.
[EDIT] Base stations - estimated in Q3

9 Likes

Thanks , what about the base stations?

Again folks please only questions to xunshu. Thanks can be accomplished with “like” button.

Please discuss in Community discussion topic.

Thank you. :v::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

4 Likes

Okay. @deletedpimaxrep1. Can you give is clarity on what “Open beta” is?

Presuming the closed beta goes well; do you mean open beta as in Headsets ship & community testing & feedback begins?

I personally can’t see a series of roadshows beimg necessary or effective to be used as an open beta.

We were thinking about roadshows and offline events for backers before everyone get their units.

5 Likes

Anything that gives you positive exposure is a good thing.

Hello there,

will the audio headstrap be ready when the M1 launches?

M1 will be shipped with the cloth strap.
the audio headstrap needs tooling as well.

1 Like