Why it takes longer than expected (M1 update April 23 2018)

@deletedpimaxrep1

I don’t understand how this
“The good news is, all the materials for M1 are now ready in the factory, which means we have better control over the timeline” and this “Thanks. We are waiting for new components from our vendors to assemble M1. After finished, we will take some videos” can be true.

2 Likes

We will know better when we start to test.

But people that want to wait will receive this year correct?

So how far away are the controllers?

What is different between small batch and larger batches, not sure what is small batch (for sponsor as someone said)?

When we move to mass production, we start with a smaller number e.g. 100, 200 and then produce more, e.g. 500 per week.

3 Likes

Why is there all of sudden with the lenses when your previous posts said you fixed the problems with v5

4 Likes

What is the expected shipping schedule for the controllers? And base stations.

i, can you answer please?

People that want to wait the full pack will receive this year?

thanks

More info about the controllers is coming up soon.

1 Like

An extra $50,000 or $100,000 every now and then will see them burn through 4.5 million very quickly

I hope so Xunshu I think a lot of us backers are starting to worry.

Kickstarter is not the only financial source we have.

9 Likes

I know but you guys still have to work to a budget don’t you. Time is money.

Can you remind us, if we choose to receive everything together, when is the estimated time we will get them then?

2 Likes

I don’t have the exact date yet, but when we are getting close to the date when the backers should make a decision, we will update here and kickstarter.

6 Likes

You must understand the concern of the sponsors.

On the one hand we want the highest possible quality

but the wait is also very long;)

We trust in the Pimax team, with more information and images of the progress etc … it would make the wait better.

@deletedpimaxrep1, Will the 200 “early birds” get the 8K headset earlier than the rest? originally early birds would get in januari while the rest would get a month later. So when the Pimax 8K’s are ready you will ship them first to all the early birds?

Hi @deletedpimaxrep1, first of all, thanks for the update! Although it wasn’t what people were hoping to hear, in the end it’s better for everyone if we know where we stand. What I now don’t understand though is this whole beta testing idea. I mean when you’re still refining lenses and testing new optics, why would you want to plan a beta test now? Wouldn’t it be better to wait until Pimax is happy with the optics themselves?

4 Likes

We plan to ship based on the order of the backer number.

5 Likes