Why it takes longer than expected (M1 update April 23 2018)

We are preparing the base stations.

5 Likes

Yes we will update in the forum, fb group, and Kickstarter when we start to ship.

4 Likes

Does this mean that your going to use more expensive lenses ( Thicker) lenses like in the V2 AND V3 ?

The visual quality in the upcoming versions will be better than v2 and v3.

23 Likes

That is fantastic news.

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Community Discussion 0423 Update

Hi Xunshu,Thank you for all your informative updates which are greatly appreciated ,my question is to do with the VR frames which us backers will be receiving with our HMD’s. Question would it be possible to send direct or a sample to a Chinese company like “Zenni”.com so that we can order on line for our prescription lenses ,it would save a terrific amount of time opposed to Pimax sending to each individual and then having to send back to China to get the lenses fitted ?

2 Likes

Pimax plans to send just lens holders & the consumer has to get prescription lenses fitted at their desired location.

A local optician should be able to get it done.

4 Likes

With all this concern of lens talk @deletedpimaxrep1 here’s an idea, but how about a modular lens design. Would mean people could buy lens’s through you guys later on for better visuals, maybe even enhancing the fov further?
Just an idea, with all this talk of people modding the gear vr lenses into the HTC Vive, why not an official method?

3 Likes

Can you perhaps explain this a bit more - when I compare my impression from testing the V2 and then watching the videos shot with the V5 over the past few months, I notice that the sweet spot seems to have become much narrower than it was on the V2 (which was extending pretty much to the outer rim of the lenses/screen).

Is this impression correct, i.e. is the overall improvement you mention coming at the cost of a narrower sweet spot ?

4 Likes

The lenses and the Bridge Chip. Including a transformation in 8K X.:smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to hear what the testers have to say about the headset when they get them! @deletedpimaxrep1 Can you give a detailed list of what improvements have been made to the M1 since the v5 prototype ? Such as, whats better about the lenses?

1 Like

Fixed my participation moved to community discussion

Will they be available with the shipment of the 8K units?

Hi Xunshu,

We are still wating for a response on Brainwarp from last week. Would be grateful if you please update us on progress here.

Thank you!

11 Likes

Lol. You might be waiting awhile.

http://community.openmr.ai/t/brainwarp-software-progress/4130/110

Indeed - Pimax have shrouded themselves in silence with regards to any confirmation/proof of a functioning Brainwarp (same goes for running Oculus software on the 8K).
I for my part do not count on it to offer any tangible benefits to me when I eventually receive the 8K, meaning that I expect the SteamVR reprojection tools to be the only helper.

@deletedpimaxrep1

We need some information about this. It was widely advertised in the KS campaign, but does it actually work with 8K? Or is it just legend? Or worse was it a lie?

2 Likes

Agreed it seems to be avoided everytime its asked.

@deletedpimaxrep1 Brainwarp update please.

8 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1 could we get an update on brainwarp?

2 Likes