Why don't pitools and the PE remember the same settings?

Hey @sweiver …Why can’t these two kids play nicely together? I had double vision in DCS tonight after launching from Pitools with what I felt were the correct IPD and vertical offset positions. plus 2.9 or so each eye.
When I checked it in Steam… the settings were completely different.at MINUS 3 something per eye. no wonder I got crosseyed and double vision. I’d like to see the PE it get to the point where we don’t need pitools- but to do that, they’re going to have to start being on the same page.
Cheers
finn

2 Likes

Should read ‘when I checked it in the Pimax Experience’ the values were different.
Today I set things up in the PE and the values looked good. After getting more double vision I checked PITOOLS. Again, the IPD numbers had reverted to old numbers.
Seriously, should they not agree? And if not, which one matters?

@SweVive hey Martin, any ideas on this yet?
Cheers
Finn

Hey @Finn , you have to use @SweViver to summon him…Use the @ symbol and let the forum autofill in the name after you start typing it…

Drats! I left of the last letter! Thanks for catching that Acegamer!
@SweViver Have you had a look at the issue in this thread yet?
Thanks
finn

Hi @Finn. The IPD values are actually not different between PiTool and PE, but they are reverted in PE on-screen only to properly show the logic and what the IPD Offset and Vertical Offset actually is doing.

Going minus/negative values in PE means you are decreasing the distance between your eyes (lowering IPD).

In PiTool the values are (at least in our opinion) incorrectly presented, as minus/negative values gives a larger IPD number.

So basically what we have temporary done, at least until PiTool corrects this, is to revert the values on screen. This means the saved values are the same, but the values you see in the UI are presented more logically.

If you adjust values in PITool and then start PE, the IPD/Vertical Offset values does not change unless you do it yourself.

I would suggest, at least for now, to just make the IPD/Vertical offeset adjustments in PE and ignore the slider values in PiTool.

1 Like

ok… sounds good. Gotta say, the PE is really coming along.
I think the latest firmware update got me slightly better video clarity as well. But that could be perception rather than reality.
Now if I could just get 40plus FPS in FS2020. The FPS below 30 makes me queasy.

1 Like

Did you just sneak an F-bomb in here?

1 Like