Why do chinese people get the chrystal first? You need to give the orginal pimax backers a change to get the chystal first(the ones that made pimax comes this far) And what about the pimax 12k?

why do chinese people get the chrystal first? You need to give the orginal pimax backers a change to get the chystal first(the ones that made pimax comes this far) And what about the pimax 12k??

Is this because off the chance off RMA ?
But its nice to see some litlle movement with the new pimax and cant wait to see or try one some day…

They just announced that Pimax is going to be taking orders for the Crystal basically on time.
Man, cut them some slack. The 12k was never promised to arrive before the end of quarter 4 2022.
Are you planning on buying either of them? I’m waiting for the 12k. Too many bills to pay before Christmas anyway!

1 Like

Yeah I would imagine for RMA reasons mainly. If there are any major issues then it’s a lot cheaper and easier to deal with domestically before rolling out globally. I suppose a month isn’t that long of a wait.

1 Like

I’ll probably wait for Crystal to be available from Amazon uk.

Amazon is easy to deal with for sure. But since I’m going to do the trade in for a 12k that’s not an option for me.
Shipping and RMA stuff is so much faster with Amazon.

This was said a couple off times !

Yes i maybe want the 12k or even a chrystal(i have had every pimax headset)… but now i realy hope there comes in the meantime some more options from other vr companies…

And i first wait for some trusted reviews.

I think waiting and investigating is always a good idea. These are high ticket items!

1 Like

Why would they launch the crystal in China first? Because they are a Chinese company. Why wouldn’t they give Kickstarter backers special privilege? Because all backers have received their hmds that were promised to them during the initial campaign. If you backed an 8kx during the kickstarter campaign, you got an amazing deal. Anyone who backed up PiMAX 5K got the upgrade to the 5K Plus and no additional cost.

Intel is an American company that launched their Arc gpus in China first. It’s a good idea because it’s a good proving ground for a product. If there are problems with the crystal it makes sense to launch them in the domestic Market so that RMA is easier. That way when they launch overseas all the bumps are worked out. It’s not a slight to anybody that they’re launching in China first

Day 1 with the first Reality series headset right at launch isn’t going to be smooth sailing. I’m happy for someone else to go through that pain so I don’t have to.

What does it matter, as everone gets its stuff ? This may be a desicion becauce you know how stuff in your own contry works.And there are huge differences in it.You know stuff like you can not give electronic stuff you did open in japan back or get 2 years of warranty out of the eu,…sure this are a few examples that do not hit the nail.
As for me i would also do it like that logistic wise…

listen i do not say i know how stuff works on you or their end , if they deliver one Month later, it is no big thing.
As for backing stuff, it alsways comes late…at least this is my expirience.