White dots question

So I am getting famous white dots, which is supposedly cable issue. However, what I am puzzled about is that dots go away if I restart the HMD. If it was cable, wouldn’t dots persist? Any comments? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s possible that you have a different problem. I had sparse “pixel snow” and occasional black or white flashes, which were all fixed by a replacement cable. The problem was intermittent, so sometimes things were fine and then the problem would crop up again.

6 Likes

I doubt this issue, I believe that the power cord is to blame, they should helmet to the power supply box made of this line can be replaced, as HTC, I never heard people complain about HTC wire problem, there is also they buy substandard cables
我也懷疑這個問題,我認為是電源線惹的禍,他們應該將頭盔到電源盒這條線做成可替換的,如同HTC一樣,我從沒聽過HTC的人抱怨過電線問題,有也是他們買到不合格的線纜

The problem with Pimax cables (historically) was with the cable shielding and inadequate QA testing. I’ve been using my replacement cable for 7 months and it’s been fine.

4 Likes

~8 months (April '19) here and counting. No issues.

2 Likes

My key concern is that if it was cable, restart should not have much of the effect. I am considering switching to 5K XR and selling my 5K+ but I do not want to leave a person with a dying HMD.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the issues. I will get someone to look into your case. If it caused by the cable, we would replace it for you. Thanks.

2 Likes

Just wanted to add: do NOT run over your cable with your chair! I did that one too many times and now I have the white dots, too. It is intermittent, sometimes it’s not even noticeable. New cable incoming, tho. No, I didn’t ask for warranty: not Pimax’s problem that I can’t drive my chair!

Thanks Amy, I received cable and so far problem seems to have been fixed.

One interesting thing is that I had to hard reboot my PC after cable switch, I think USB stack got confused, but after that everything went smooth.

3 Likes

That good, thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes