Which Standalone Game would you prefer to have on Pimax Store?

There is alot off different kinds, look for quest 2 golf club handle on google.

Guessing the standalone controller will be smaller and more like quest controller :slight_smile:

I guess the"home theater challenged" might like a movie strapped to their faces or maybe those who have their cell phones in their faces all day, but it seems a little impersonal. I haven’t figured how to get 2 or 3 people in the dam thing. :grinning:

This really depends on the Persons
i did usemy standalone quest yesterday, for 5 Hours with “VIRTUAL DESKTOP” and i would like to say movies aside, it is essential "Software"what this guy did for standalone as well as tetherd i use both, i even prefer is for movies.

sure bigscreen is nice with someone, but this happens rarly on my end,with ppl i know.

So i do prefer 3d movies like godzilla ect with virtual desktop alone.yes you got a point there, its not easy to get ppl stream together, maybe in younger gens.

Real VR Fishing.
The fishing experience is much better with a wide FOV

1 Like

Echo VR, that’s best in vr ive seen so far. Played it for 6 years. Since 2019 in standalone mode. Unfortunately that’s oculus exclusive.

Quill - very cool experience on Ques2 (now on Q2 its called vr animations) and now its not Metas property

Virtual Desktop

Also classic ones like TWDSS, Superhot, Pistol Whip, Eleven TT, Bonelab, Racket NX, Red Matter, Blaston, Gorn, Gorilla Tag, In Death, Moss, Onward, Pavlov, OrbusVR, Rec Room, STRIDE

1 Like

Any good Flight or Military Combat Sim, with Troops-Ships-Planes.

MSFS 2020
DCS World
X-Plane 12

1 Like

You’ll get ultrawings and be happy lol

1 Like

I think an app similar to new retro arcade Neon would be really awesome for standalone.

New retro arcade Neon is a front end for emulation. It works with libretro cores. Maybe reach out to the developer and see if he would be interested in porting it. If you could pop on the crystal and just use a Bluetooth controller for that game it would be amazing.

A Plex app would be very good too

2 Likes

I wonder what Pac-Man would be like as a first person ummm…eater?

1 Like

Thinking about standalone apps another good one would be Smash Hit which was an Oculus game where you shot marbles at these 3D shapes, it was an on rails experience. It was on the gear VR, and would be awesome for stand alone for pimax headsets.

A really cool app would be a VR Theater app like Oculus Cinema as in designed like a cinema environment, but one that supports Ultra wide aspect ratios and actual Cinema aspect ratios as opposed to just 16:9

I don’t know if it would be technologically feasible but can you feed something to the headset through the DisplayPort cable and use the onboard chip at the same time?

It would be really cool to have a VR theater that ran in standalone mode, but you could plug in a Blu-ray player or an Xbox or Playstation, and use those devices while in the headset.

Would be really convenient to be able to watch your Blu-ray collection or your 4K Blu-rays or DVDs without all the arduousness of ripping, removing copy protection, Etc.

I have a couple more ideas for some apps.

If you guys could get Quake 3 Arena running on XR2, with a proper VR conversion of course, you could do a lot of really cool multiplayer shooter action with your friends.

A conversion of dactyl nightmare would be really cool. Dactyl nightmare was a very old VR app that was in the arcades in the 90s.

A Formula 1 racing game in the art style of virtualracing for the Sega 32x, Saturn, Etc. A Lo-Fi polygon racing game that would run at full frame rate and super sampling with ease. Another multiplayer racing game.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.