Which audio headstrap will backers receive?

Yeah but would be curious on orientation. As if you look inside them the driver is angled.

But the p4k headphones were quite nice being so to speak integrated.

Well the issue in my mind. No specs on ā€œaudiophile zoneā€ or off ear.

Even low quality headphones give specs. This just says I look neat.

2 Likes

Gotta remember most of our ā€œpremiumā€ headphone drivers are made in China as well.

4 Likes

100$ for a wedontknowshitboutspecsfornow-upgrade?
gtfo
andā€¦there was a promise about detachable! earphones, that implies something that is actually detachable, like actual headphones.
It may be a nice feature to some that there is an inbuild sound solution but itā€˜s IMPOSSIBLE to come even close to a midrange onear solutions, simply not the same. (even if itā€˜s a tad less shā€¦ like oculus go)
Again, (re) charging 100$ for something that was actually already being paid for is a chutzbe.(if itā€˜s anything less than some new senheiser innovation tech)
sorry for the rant but that makes me a bit agitated, correct me if my chain of thoughts have a bug.

3 Likes

Ah, ok, the ā€œstandardā€ version also contains speakers already, didnā€™t look like it on first sight.
Was under the impression that the stretch goal contains the deluxe upgrade before. The thing on the Kickstarter also looks more like it:

Thought the stretch goals were worth about $250 (the difference between the two options in plan G). Can you please list what is now exactly delivered as part of the stretch goals, so we have a better basis for the decision which plan to take?
Thanks!

3 Likes

yes, they are cheaping-out on the stuff that was promised (this was promised) and sell their new design as the real deal + gain the chance to cash grab twice

1 Like

We are testing a couple of well known brand drivers for that. Weā€™ll put out the audio specs when it settled soon.

7 Likes

Still unclear to me which parts of the stretch goals are affected by the opt-out.
If itā€˜s literally referring to ALL stretch goals, the value even might exceed this number.
So opting out for a 50$ discount is kraisey :slight_smile:

1 Like

For plan G (the one for 8k X pledgers) it is a $250 discount that opts out of all stretch goals except the $100 discount for eye tracking. So from a first estimate the deluxe audio upgrade ($100 additional cost of 8k X deluxe compared to standard) this seems to fit in. As said, getting an explicit list of stretch goals would help, so we know what we opt out/in for.

2 Likes

I guess thats just a very early rendering of what the MAS would look like.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the Index (sound)? According to what I read, this is supposed to be quite good, while being basically out of ear external driver.

2 Likes

My concern is the position of the speakers, on the Index they are in front of you ears, on the MAS they are way above

1 Like

indeed that would cause mic bleed,or the mic must have insane noise canceling so you need to talk realy loud if somebody want to hear youā€¦

1 Like

So specs not finalized on the ear projectors yet as well?

2 Likes

nope, have not checked those yet, but the index headphones look like on ear on every picture and vid Iā€˜ve seen so far, since playback is happening through speakers that are placed on the ear.
Have you by chance mixed it up with oculus HMDs? like Go and Quest where the audio is coming from an angle thatā€™s ā€žoff-earā€œ, they do their job in terms of playback audio in a comfortable way, but even apart of the fact that ur surrounding can hear you (which I do not like) the sound experience is very mediocre at best.

1 Like

My preference for a mid range solution would be ear buds on short spiral cables from that modular speaker point.
Enclosed sound but they will pop up out of the way when I take it on and off.

I have an Index and the speakers are not on ear. They float a few inches in front of the ear. The sound is very good. The MAS appears to be similar to the current Oculus method which is not as good as the Index (have a Quest also). Having said that I do find the Quest sound to be OK, just not as good as the Index. However without hearing the basic MAS no way to know if it fares better than the Quest yet.

6 Likes

I am curious if pimax is using ā€œsound projectionā€ for off ear. Much like those surround sound projection bars.

But still concerned with outside noise polution for both the VR user & non VR user in the enviroment.

Iā€™m very excited by the words ā€œaudiophile zoneā€, Iā€™m not very impressed by VIVE DAS headphones, so Iā€™d be very happy to have that kind of option.

2 Likes

Any chance of having a prototype within one of the three meetups?

As I remember, several upgrade plans offer discounts subject to purchase before 31 December, which is why it would be useful to have this information in advance.

Since Pimax 8KX is aimed at an enthusiastic audience, it is easy that many users will choose the highest quality headphones.

3 Likes