Which audio headstrap will backers receive?

As backers, we were told that we would receive the audio headstrap free of charge as soon as it was available. Will we be receiving the basic version or the deluxe version? When will it ship?
@PimaxUSA

4 Likes

Id like to know too. What’s the diffeence and can we upgrade if its worth it?

The two have different headphone drivers and the deluxe drops the phones down to ear level. The audio quality of both is really good. The high end one is an attempt to have something angled towards the audiophile zone. IMHO the standard version sounds as good or better than anything except for the index audio.

Btw the design is modular so even 3rd parties could produce the earphones.

5 Likes

@PimaxUSA if we get the basic MAS would we be able to buy the Deluxe version’s headphones later from the Pimax Store? I didn’t see an option to buy the Deluxe versions headphones separately on the website yet. thanks

1 Like

Yes. The idea is there will be a number of options starting with the drop down version of the earphones (and as I alluded maybe even some 3rd parties we’ve been talking to). The prototypes I tried the audio on the base version sounds really good.

1 Like

@PimaxUSA For those who chose current owner 8kx to keep stretch goals, will we get deluxe audio strap?

2 Likes

Cool, I will probably stick with the base version to start out then and consider upgrading to different phones in the future if I feel I am missing anything. Thanks

So 8KX backers get standard or delux? If standard can we upgrade to delux. I really like the index type design. @PimaxUSA

1 Like

So can we upgrade to over ear? As not a fan of open ear index concept as not everyone wants to hear what your listening to.

You said it’s modular implying the over ear should be able to be purchased later.

So $50 then to upgrade?

1 Like

Good question as our backed option was deluxe vs Standard.

2 Likes

:grin:

The difference between them in the shop is 100$:

https://store.pimaxvr.com/shop/product/modular-audio-head-strap-311

1 Like

Are they Senseizer(?) Or something. :wink:

They should include something with the off ear projector. Not everyone wants to hear the outside or be heard outside.

No details on specs? Not good marketing.

5 Likes

I’ve just asked via support of it’s possible to use my 100$ coupon (cracked headset) which no longer works to upgrade from the standard to the deluxe headphone for the MAS I’m receiving as part of my pre-orders a year ago (I do expect to be receiving the “cheap”/standard version otherwise?).

Also asked them to confirm if they’re aware that I paid for hand tracking module too (I get a little nervous when my previous orders can no longer be found and they’ve also replaced their ticket system)… :wink::+1:

2 Likes

The ingress and egress is minimal, I play in the living room while my wife watches TV soaps, no problem. It also adds to the comfort, long play sessions and reduces head heat. If pimax choose the off ear design, they can’t go wrong and I recommend you try it, my index has replaced my old audio technica m50 headphones, the classical score in asgard’s sounds beautiful.give that design a chance, you might like it.

2 Likes

I don’t doubt I might like the quality. But my gf might not like hearing it. Or others may want a more discrete xp. :smirk: But a $100 increase is crazy. At least give a $50 upgrade point using the headphone drivers from the p4k.

Even a 3d printable adapter for us p4k owners released in time for MAS shipping would be good. (And or $10 - $20 adapter)

@Matthew.Xu

Given measurements I could probably design a 3d printed adapter

1 Like

Audiophile zone? What drivers are in them? :thinking:
Sennheiser I hope… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You mean Frankenstein?

4 Likes

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, you don’t want her to hear you’re watching those special 360 videos again, dirty boy.

2 Likes

Haha “audiophile zone” huh?

I think ill hold off on throwing another $100 in the ring until we get specs on said “audiophile zone” off ear headphones.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like