Where are the analogue sticks Pimax?

@PimaxQuorra are analogue sticks for Pimax sword and Pimax sense controllers still planned?

Before there was an option to preorder Pimax controllers with analogue sticks on both the sword and sense controller models. Is that a thing? It would be a shame if the Pimax controllers ended up more like the Vive controllers than knuckles controllers.

I’m prepared to give Pimax’s trackpad a chance but I fear it will reflect really badly on Pimax not having a joystick on their controllers as an option and I as well as many others would surely prefer to have one, from what I’ve been reading about why people prefer knuckles to the Vive wands.

Yep, I think there largely is a consensus in the meantime that thumbsticks are needed. Effectively the Vive wands are the only ones - and coincidentally they were the first VR controllers (not considering Nolo) to be released at all - to use touchpads without any thumbsticks.

Once the 1st gen Oculus Touch controllers arrived, the superiority of that particular input element became obvious (btw, those Touch controllers remain my favorite VR controllers from an aesthetics and ergonomic pov, even if the Index controllers in fairness offer more options). Everybody copied the thumbsticks from there on - Pimax shouldn’t be the ones going back in time. Even if you wanted to discuss the hypothetical merits of the touchpads, it doesn’t matter at this stage - th vast majority of games, apps and experiences is optimized for thumbstick use due to market dominance.

2 Likes

I am hoping the Sense versions are released.

i Returned the Index because of all the issues they had(after 4 replacements).
so, i am hoping Pimax can release a Good alt to the index without the issues they did have…

I REALLY hate the touch pads, and i am forced to only use them.
I wish i could somehow use my Oculus Cv1 or my samsung WMR controllers in place of the vive wands… but yea.

I want to hear more on the Sword sense(analog) more than a touch pad version…
(if pimax can deliver it without or even less issues and be priced cheaper over the index too, then they will have more people going after the sense controllers like me).

2 Likes

Yup its a shame. With no joystick i see no reason to buy them.

4 Likes

Good to see there are people who agree with me on this. I feel like we’d have our controllers by now if they dumped the Non-sense controllers and just focused on the Sense.

They claim that they are electronically identical and that they can just put the sticks on there. But the fact that they are sending these Nonsense variants out for QA to testers and then having to implement feedback.

Only to do it all over again for the Sense controllers is a total 6 month to a year round trip for nothing.

2 Likes

I said the same when they chose not to make Sword with sticks .Fortunately i didn’t order controllers on my KS. Quite satisfied with my ICs, so not feeling bad. Pimax did have me as a potential customer until the changed though.
I suspect many went to ICs because of the tp choice (and the wait). Pimax’s loss and it wasn’t like a stripped down version of Sense without all the finger haptics wouldn’t have filled a gap in the Lighthouse arena. I think they missed an opportunity. Especially when even the new Vive hasn’t an offering with sticks.

1 Like

I really do hope they bring out the thumb sticks as well with trackpad. That was the main event controllers i was planning to buy, but i may still try out the main sword if the finger tracking hybrid is in them tho.

But on the Pimax Day video it did say that the sword sense will have thumbsticks its just they can only focus one controller type at a time. So when they finish releasing the Sword, they start working on the sense.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.