When are PE settings applied?

Hi @SweViver,

When using VD launched via PE to then launch a different VR title via VD I noticed that the PE settings for VD were also used for that consecutive launch.

Is that the correct behaviour? It basically means that VD cannot be used as a PE desktop view, as any and all adjustments made for any title that cannot be launched via PE directly have to intially be applied to VD before launching.

Does the same go for SteamVR specific adjustments? So when I launch SteamVR with rendering quality 1.0 and then launch e.g. Assetto Corsa which I have set a rendering quality of 0.75 for in PE from SteamVR, it then gets loaded in quality 1.0?

This would basically mean that any title adjustments will be negated, if SteamVR isn’t restarted in between launches, correct? If that is the case, how do I close SteamVR to get back to PE without motion controllers?

That’s exactly how it works as some settings require a restart of SteamVR.

When launching through VD You’re still in the original session using the profile You started VD with so that also makes sense.

You could/should make custom launchers (to start from within PE) if Your needs aren’t covered, I guess… :upside_down_face:

Good to know.

My use case is using Content Manager as a launcher for custom AC races, which is an application that has to be run via desktop unfortunately.

In the end it just means I have to run VD at the same settings as AC, which is fair enough.

Now if only there was a way to navigate SteamVR itself without a motion controller…

1 Like