Whch base stations/trackers

Hello,

Can someone please tell me what base stations and hand trackers are usable with the Pimax headsets, specifically 8KX.

Thank you,
Maurice

2 Likes

HTC VIVE CE controllers with VIVE CE base stations

HTC VIVE PRO controllers (not recommended) or VALVE INDEX controllers with VIVE CE base stations or VALVE INDEX base stations

NOLO (not recommended)

3 Likes

Basically any v1 (sold with HTC Vive) or v2 (sold with HTC Vive Pro and Valve Index) basestation will work as the Pimax headsets have v2 sensors (which are backwards compatible).

Same goes for controllers (Vive, Vive Pro, Index “knuckles”).

I suggest going with a set of Index basestations and controllers.

EDIT: It’s correct as stated below that v1 controllers do not work with v2 basestations.

3 Likes

Only thing that does NOT work is v2 basestations (new lighthouses) with old vive v1 hand controllers (black color). The blue ones are vive pro v2 hand controllers and work with v1 and v2 lighthouses.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for prompt reply. One more question please…since I will only be using it for flight simulation, do I really need a base station? I will be sitting in front of my PC and not moving around. Excuse my ignorance about this :smiley:
Thank you,
Maurice

2 Likes

Not needed but highly recommended as there is occasionally drift without a fixed reference point like a LH.

And you will want 6dof tracking in a sim situation. Definately worth around $120.

5 Likes

You’re welcome… :wink:

I’ve never really used my 5K+ without a basestation (I have one for seated gaming and two, in another room, for room-scale gaming).

That said, I’m pretty sure people agree it’s a lot better with a (single) as @mr.uu says… :wink:

You don’t really need controllers if You’re only using it for sim’ing… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As Mr.uu said though a Lighthouse does add the ability to lean. Where as without you only have 3dof vs 6dof.

3 Likes

You should probably just buy a single (used) v1 basestation on Ebay (that’s what I did for my “extra” basestation for seated gaming).

3 Likes

Thanks again. I want to buy one but I’m not sure what’s available in Canada these days. Will need to visit Amazon.ca and see what they are selling these days :grinning:

2 Likes

If just getting a v1.0 for simming ebay can be good as well.

3 Likes

Would this do for a base station? I’d rather order from Amazon if possible…

Thanks

1 Like

Yes. That’s the HTC Vive basestation mentioned… :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Have you read the reviews on the Amazon link you posted? It seems like they are selling malfunctioning devices, which are just flashed with the old firmware to mask the problems.

If you are going to buy from there, make sure you have the means to verify and update firmware (if necessary) to unmask the duds.

If you are looking for some security, buy a new LH directly from Valve (v2). They are definitely more customer friendly than HTC.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.