Just want to get an idea what Pimax and non Pimax users on this forum use as their daily driver vr.
If possible in a format like this
- daily driver hmd
- what you hope will be the next daily driver for you
- whats the most important features that stick you to current driver
- and what most important features you miss in your current daily driverhmd
- and what most important features you hope for your next daily driver?
You can also add additional context or discuss things as well.
- planning to buy varjo aero
- comfort/compatibility/acceptable H fov/nausea free xp - solid tracking and 144hz/best overall features quality i saw so far/edge2edge clarity, huge vertical fov, best eye relief which helps a lot with fov & clarity
- resolution (though current is quite bearable, g2 clearest i tried so far), foveated rendering, more lightweight (950g with CW is too much), better sense of 3d depth (so its most immersive hmd i used, its more about current tech limitation , lack of depth on medium and far distances), Blacks and HDR, grip button steamvr controllers, human eye FOV
- realistically speaking i guess aero has chances to be a next daily driver for me, best next level clarity and 773g weight, i would sacrifice a bit of fov as Q2 doesnt bother me. Hope they will manage reprojections and distortion right. Also very appreciate cooling to eliminate fog.
Will also try valves next hmd and psvr2 + nexts oculus
- 8kx used almost daily, quest 2 about once every week or 2. Looking forward to GTA SA on q2, its the main reason i’m not selling it right now.
- Short term, arpara 5k for clarity fix but will still keep & use 8kx for fov fix (and to trade in).
Long term, 12K.
- The fov is why i like my 8kx.
- I wish it was wireless.
- Clarity. Arpara 5k has varjo’ish ppd numbers, say no more. Then down the line the 12K will have high clarity fov and wireless.
I too will look at the Index successor and psvr alternatives when they come out. Doubt i’d buy the psvr though, i want to play msfs.
Pimax 8KX every day for a yaer. The FOV is unbeatable.
1.Htc Vive pro with asperical lense mod + wireless modul
2.Pimax 12k/Varjo Aero
5.Human Vision fov + oled + Asperical lenses + no sde+ human vision resolution + wireless+ light weight
1- Pimax 8KX
2- Pimax 12K Qled
3- FOV and Clarity.
4- More FOV of Couse and handtracking software compatibility.
5- Pimax 12K Qled seems complete with all features that I want but hopes that FOV would be full view (Horizontal and Vertical)
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.