What was pimax thinking in VR Berlin?A roadshow for people that travel miles to see the pimax crystal and then u u̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶n̶s̶e̶s̶(̶f̶r̶e̶s̶n̶e̶l̶ (Corrected it werent fresnel kevin said)

What was pimax thinking??A roadshow for people that travel miles to see the pimax crystal and then u ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶n̶s̶e̶s̶(̶f̶r̶e̶s̶n̶e̶l̶)̶on your trip??

People wanted to see if its a product that they wanne buy but you use a prototype with different compenents?

Aspheric lenses can have different problems,so a total let down they werent showed in berlin!

I had all the pimax headsets and have seen how you started in the early days but after all these years i didnt expected this.

I am totaly disapointed now!.. what a disaster! @PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra @hammerhead_gal

If we want to buy a car we also want to make a testdrive in what we get when the car is delivered !

i know its hard what i say,but i am just so disapointed…

Wow. That IS disappointing.
Pimax needs to up its game for these roadshows.

1 Like

Kevin just stated on discord that it werent fresnel lenses,so that is good to hear

But still the pimax chrystals are prototypes

1 Like

Ok. I need to be on discord I guess.
I did read a report online that the images were amazing. I’m hoping to get my portal system in time to use at a temporary VR setup after sending my 8KX in for exchange on the 12k.
Exciting times.

Hello,

I assumed Kevin have stated on Discord or Reddit regarding this topic.

The Crystal is not applying the Fresnel lens.

1 Like

My guess is that people came to wrong conclusions because of the reported sweet spot issue (or perhaps more an edge to edge clarity issue? - some mix these up). Optimally the lenses should be good in both categories of course…
Will be interesting to hear the opinion of the more VR versed MRTV audience.

1 Like

Hope you’re not talking about the Pimax haters represented there, who failed with the simplest technical settings, or who didn’t even have a Pi in their hands. :joy: but I also think that there is more detailed sight.

Yepp, few things unite and entertain more than making jokes about a common underdog victim. But I think MRTV is farsighted enough that they wouldn’t do themselves and the community a favor when all the small VR companies would resign and the future of VR/AR is at mercy of a few remaining big players and their ambitious agendas.

2 Likes

Except for the temporal delay, I see everything calmly. Look at it from a technical point of view and have an idea where the missing percentages for both HMDs are. If the knot has burst in the right place, things will move forward quickly. It is important at the moment that the actual visual construction is available and functional. And that doesn’t look so bad at the moment. :slight_smile:

Actually, I find MRTV’s discord to have a pretty good balance of reasoned opinions.
There are a lot of posts and posters , but I don’t see much Pimax bashing based purely on hate. At least not so far.

Agreed. Sometimes the shows have a slight “TV Total” flavor - not so much hatred, more what is considered to be funny. (Which it sometimes honestly is. But some of the jokes might go into well-earned retirement at some point :slight_smile: )