What to buy with your $100 coupon

you are absolutely correct, edited.

1 Like

Wonder if the expiry date is far enough in the future, one could use one’s coupon as a rebate on a Pimax12k next year… :wink:

1 Like

When I verified my shipping address via email (before they switched to survey) I said I wanted to use the $100 coupon for switching to 5k+ on the Wireless module. They replied and said that would be fine. I hope that remains the case!

@deletedpimaxrep1

I have 2x $100 pledges coupon as I’m backer x2 accounts. Can I put these towards 5kbe new order?

Hello.

Is it possible to use the $ 100 coupon for a VR glasses upgrade?
I had asked Pimax (to use the coupon for 8K to 5K BE), but the support avoided an answer.
Never ask multiple things in a request. They will ignore the unpleasant things ;-).

There is no good reason not to allow this.
There is only one reason, but it is “not nice”. Pimax wants to force more accessory sales.
Im am Backer with VR-Glasses, Controllers, 2 Basestattions, Hand Tracker, extra face cushions etc…
And it is not possible to buy base stations with the coupon? That’s even “weirder”. That IS a “accessory”.
And the VR glasses are products that “produced by Pimax”.

P.S. .:

• Can the coupons only be used by the backer himself?
    Or can you give your coupon to another person (also a regular buyer)?
  • Can one person buy accessories with multiple coupons?
  • Will the coupon be without time limit? Can I use it in 5 or 10 years?
    For example, a wireless module on special sale.

VR glasses? Are you referring to the headset (8K), the prescription lens frame (stretch goal reward), or something else?

There are two types of $100 coupons.

• $100 coupon for wireless module (stretch goal reward)
  • $100 coupon for modules produced by Pimax (received when downgrading from 8K to 5K+)

1. Unless you backed multiple 8Ks this isn’t something you would even have to worry about (you would need to downgrade one 8K to 5K+, then upgrade one 8K to 5K-BE).

2. The coupons are for modules and I don’t recall Pimax saying they could be used for anything else.

3. Pimax already locked down the headset choice for backers and that they wouldn’t allow backers to switch headsets anymore (since they are about to ship all headsets).

The basestations are made by Valve (not Pimax) and as such cannot be used with the downgrade coupon (which is for Pimax accessories). Also, Valve is only allowing the basestations to be sold as part of a headset bundle (not as individual units).

Those are all good questions which I don’t know the answer to. However, I am assuming that the coupons would have a time limit and wouldn’t be usable with items on sale.

1 Like

Xunshu confirmed me I can give the coupon to a friend, dunno if their policy has changed after that.
After all the coupon is most likely just a discount code.

I mean the backer “stretch goal” of $100 (this is not a special “Wifi module” voucher).

Can I buy a hand motion tracker with my $100 stretch goal coupon?

I found this

But I don’t remember if they changed the policy after that, possibly.

Ah, correct, I have revisited the kickstarter site O_o. “wirelless…”. I thought of a universal coupon O_o. The Kickstarter campaign is a long time ago ;-).
But i believe, here were statements, you can use the $ 100 for all products coming directly from PIMAX (not the bases, i think). For example, a Hand Motion Module.

I don’t remember 100%
They maybe gave up and allowed the wireless coupon to use on everything than basestations.
@Heliosurge mem serves?

I know they said that you could combine the two for a $200 wireless coupon (even though it isn’t made by Pimax AFAIK).

1 Like

Yeah I think they said that.

2 Likes