What to buy with your $100 coupon

I asked for the hand tracking module if it was available now (I know it’s not very useful but I do demos in schools and the leap motion always goes down a treat) and if it wasn’t I asked to put it towards the wireless module.

I seemed to just get a stock reply of -

“Thanks for your response. We will ship your Pimax Kickstarter reward asap and send you the tracking number via e-mail by then. Please be advised.
As we will provide $100 coupon for backers that switch 8K to 5K+. You can use the coupon to buy accessories or the X version.
Accessories including - headstrap with earphones, face cushion, 10m cable, cooling fan, VR frame, modules When X becomes available, we’ll provide more benefits for both the 5K+ and 8K backers.”

So i’m not sure which I’m getting or if it’s been noted.

400$ towards wireless module?
How much shall it cost?

No one knows for sure but I would wager a guess of $300-400 USD based on the cost of TPCast ($300 for Vive, $319 for Rift) and Vive Wireless ($300 for Vive, $360 for Vive Pro). I would hope Pimax is on the lower end of that or possibly under $300 to “undercut” all the competition.

I doubt it’ll come in cheaper than those, as they have a larger userbase and therefore more volume. The Pimaxes probably have higher power requirements too, so will need a much beefier battery.

My biggest concern isn’t really price or ETA, it’s actually the fact that even with the Vive Wireless and TPCast, they’re using a lot of compression even for that smaller resolution, in the reviews I’ve read people say it gets blocky and pixelated during high movement complex scenes (like playing Skyrim), so it may be too much for current tech to hope we get a very good wireless experience anytime soon.

2 Likes

Bandwidth had always been my biggest worry and I didn’t realize there were issues with the VIVE wireless or TPCast. Hmm I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I don’t expect to see a wireless solution until this time next year (hopefully).

3 Likes

Yea me neither. And it won’t be cheap. Streaming this much data is going to take the most of this tech

1 Like

My guess is $350-400

For the amount of data it will have to send with little to no compression I think thats a fair price.

@deletedpimaxrep1

Hi,as I was one of the unfortunate souls caught up in the BE debacle
so as a backer I got the 100 dollar discount which was rather cool.

Used that on the Leap Motion effectivly getting it for free,now here comes
my suggestion could I drop the Leap Motion and when I make the swap
to 5K+ add that 100 dollars to make 200 thus giving me 200 dollars
to use in the Pimax store on other goodies such as controllers and such.

1 Like

Please let @Pimax-Support know your backer number and requests, we will put a note for you.

1 Like

Hi @darkerpilgrim, we accept your request and could you please provide your backer number? We will put a note for you. Have a nice day!

1 Like

@Pimax-support

Well that is rather awesome I would benefit more from the extra discount and 100% swapping to the 5K+ in the long run So the 200 dollars store discount is rather cool.

Hopefully others in the same boat as me could benefit from this option even though I might be a bit of a rare case :relaxed:

Just wished I had took the plunge earlier proud backer no:3625

Cheers

1 Like

@deletedpimaxrep1
If we downgrade from 8k to 5k+, can we choose to have the hand tracker sent to us with the 5k+ instead of the $100 coupon ?

2 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1 I am also interested in this. Please let us know if this is an option.

Thank you.

@deletedpimaxrep1

So you are now opening pre-orders for a pack with controllers and (one, I suppose ?) base station for $300.

It would be nice if you can lift the restriction on the $100 coupon (5K+ switch from 8K) to be able to add a base station to our pledge using this coupon

OR, other suggestion:

You let us use the $100 coupon (5K+ switch from 8K) AND the other $100 coupon (originally to be used for wireless module) with that $300 pack containing controllers and one base station.

In other words someone doing that would use the x2 $100 coupons and pay additional $100 (+some additionnal shipping fee maybe) to be able to add controllers and 1 base station to his pledge.

Sounds a fair deal for me, fair for backer and fair for pimax. Baker can have additionnal base station this way, and you pimax will secure the sale of your controllers instead having the backer possibly buy knuckles instead.

Would do you think ? @deletedpimaxrep1 @Sean.Huang

edit: I see now the $300 pack at pre-order is for x2 base station and x2 controllers.
That’s strange, cheaper than KS price ?
Concerning my suggestion about being able to combine the 2x $100 coupons to add that controllers pack to our pledge, I would be ok even if it was containing only 1 base station (and the 2 controllers of course).

1 Like

It seems we can’t use our 100$ coupons for preorders of controllers+basestations, right?
Will it be possible to use the coupons for usual orders as soon as the controllers+basestations are available?

1 Like

By op post it should be. Remember the controller bundle price is deposit too, not final price

1 Like

My understanding is that the coupon can only be used on products that Pimax has made. So, I think that the coupon can be used for controllers, but not base stations. Since a pair of controllers are probably going to cost over $100, that’s affectively the same deal if you buy the base stations too.

also if you switched to 5k from 8k you technically have a 200 usd coupon (if you use it on wireless)

1 Like

Not as far as I am aware. You have a $100 coupon that is good for the wireless module (backer stretch goal) and a $100 coupon from the switch to 5K+ (good for Pimax products). At one point Pimax said that you would be able to use both for the wireless module ($200 off) but I am not sure if they have changed their mind.

2 Likes