What the heck is this?

I had given up on my Pimax since I never got the controllers I paid for and just put it down to another rubbish (had to remove the original word I wrote, LOL) Kickstarter that never worked out.

But today a box suddenly came…
Finally, my controllers, I thought.

But no…

I get some kind of massive headband with funky speakers, a BDSM studded rubber sex-suit for my 5+ and two STEAM BASE STATIONS!!!

The end…

After how many months now? I can’t even remember… 20? 30? I STILL don’t have any controllers.

Does anyone know if they are ever going to arrive? I really don’t want to spend any more money.

Also had to pay $35 tax on top… GRRRR.

Also, as someone who ordered the full package 8k and downgraded to the 5k+, I believe I get $100 coupon or something. Is that still a thing?

— Edit; So it seems there is something called the “sword” controller… Is that what the controller is called these days?

1 Like

Yes its the backer box you pledged for (updated version)/
Controllers are not ready yet…

3 Likes

has anyone even heard an update for the controllers?

We literally know the same information about them now as we did over a year ago.

I remember them saying they were hoping to have the swords out by april and the sword sense shortly after. Im betting we wont see them until next summer at best.

2 Likes

Actually I had my refund for them a few days ago…I no longer wait for them

3 Likes

You’re a backer right? how much did you get back?

By the time these controllers come , they better be the worlds most amazing hi-tech devices ever made.

Problem is i doubt that will be the case.

Honestly if the pimax controllers were exactly as simple as tge reverb G2. I’d be happy and i assume they’d be out by now.

Yes, 220 - fees - Paypal fees = 200.55$

2 Likes

$200? I thought they were only doing $150 - paypal was 138? If 220 to 200 might need to consider it. Or did you just add controllers to your pledge?

2 Likes

Sword - (Trackpad)Vive wand remix into knuckles like controller removable battery. Nonsense no finger tracking.

Sword Sense - Stick with Finger sensing knuckles like clone. Backers model as they ducked out of making both Sense as per KS and 2018 pre order had originally spec’d.

Yes I added controller to my original pledge.

1 Like

Ah why you got a better price on the controller as you paid more.

However interesting they included the shipping fee as from my understanding they didn’t do it with Full packages.

If Fedex is accurate should receive my backer boxes and HT(that should have been shipped over a month ago).

I should request the extra $10 :us: I paid for shipping the HT refunded as minimally a coupon. Since they didn’t ship it when ready seperately as stated.

2 Likes

So I’ve been in the ticket back and forth nightmare with pimax. I wanted to ensure they don’t send me the trackpad controllers they’ve been showing here but the joysticks controllers they’ve always said they will make.
After being told many times I cannot as they’re not making joystick controllers and suggesting I buy Index controllers from them, and me insisting they’ve always said they will make joysticks and even today on the forum official pimax staff say they’re making joysticks, they came back with a reply. A reply of joystick controllers are just beginning to be looked at by their research team and it is a trade secret they shouldn’t be telling me about.
And they concluded that I cannot change my order.
So my take on it is we’re going to get the nonsense with trackpad despite always having been told differently. There’s some crazy secret cutting edge tech going on at pimax around some never before seen product they refer to by some unheard of term - joystick? And no one knows. It’s not like you’ve been told about it from the beginning. Shhhhh! Secret!
The sense controllers are years away and we’re not getting them.

1 Like

Are you saying you never confirmed your mailing address and still received the backer box?

Hopefully not years away. However I could see our Backer Sword Sense being a year away as Etee is delayed due to in part Covid related lost time and some other issues. There transparency is quite excellent; exactly what we have been asking pimax for. I suspect Etee Dev will be helping with Sword Sense as it was confirmed they had been in contact with one another.

It is always interesting that the CS team is either not looped in on all details and also sometimes reveals things we have not been informed of.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.